• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did you go to the last Wembley final or Cardiff ?

Both. And I learned that no matter how much you big up a friendly, whether it at The Millenium, Wembley or on the Moon - it is a meaningless friendly.
Hugely, hugely disappointing to attend games built up as meaningful and arrive to find no atmosphere because nobody really cares on either side.
Contrast that with Millenium Play-Off Final and Wembley Play-Off Final. Proper matches. Real Finals.

Sorry, you can pretend all you like. This crap trophy means less than nothing! Seriously.

And as for "how many finals left in the locker"?? We may as well take the Essex Senior Cup seriously. At least it has meaning for some clubs. The Essex Senior Cup Final has more meaning to most clubs participating than this nonsense ever will.

And as for "how many finals left in the locker"?? We may as well take the Essex Senior Cup seriously. At least it has meaning for some clubs. The Essex Senior Cup Final has more meaning to most clubs participating than this nonsense ever will.

Thanks for that Kev. We will have to agree to differ I think. I try not to ridicule your reasoning over this, so I would be grateful if you didn't take a personal pop at my views, even if you don't agree.

Thanks for that Kev. We will have to agree to differ I think. I try not to ridicule your reasoning over this, so I would be grateful if you didn't take a personal pop at my views, even if you don't agree.

It was not intended as a personal pop. It was just that I personally can see no value in achieving success in a trophy that nobody cares about. For me, the thrill is to beat clubs that care, are passionate and want to beat us as much as we want to beat them. That is just not possible with this trophy. Whoever wins it, will win it because they made more effort than those who could not give a damn...for whatever reason.

I respect your opinion but have a totally different view. Enjoy the game, I hope we win for those who care. I will not even look for the result as to me it means nothing.

It was not intended as a personal pop. It was just that I personally can see no value in achieving success in a trophy that nobody cares about. For me, the thrill is to beat clubs that care, are passionate and want to beat us as much as we want to beat them. That is just not possible with this trophy. Whoever wins it, will win it because they made more effort than those who could not give a damn...for whatever reason.

I respect your opinion but have a totally different view. Enjoy the game, I hope we win for those who care. I will not even look for the result as to me it means nothing.

Good for you. Happy to go finals in the past and now your slagging off people who want to take their wife etc.

Will you go to the next final we are in or will we look forward to another 20 posts about how much you think its a waste of space.

For me it isn't meaningless - not even a good training game is meaningless - AND I hope to enjoy a beer and a good game tonight; while others may deem to watch EastEnders as their entertainment.
For a poster (you Kevin and others) to post so much on "nothing" is surely a type of oxymoron statement/action?

Indeed. If you (Kevin Hogg) are so uninterested about the competition, why do you continuously and obsessively post about it?

Both. And I learned that no matter how much you big up a friendly, whether it at The Millenium, Wembley or on the Moon - it is a meaningless friendly.
Hugely, hugely disappointing to attend games built up as meaningful and arrive to find no atmosphere because nobody really cares on either side.
Contrast that with Millenium Play-Off Final and Wembley Play-Off Final. Proper matches. Real Finals.

Sorry, you can pretend all you like. This crap trophy means less than nothing! Seriously.

And as for "how many for a finals left in the locker"?? We may as well take the Essex Senior Cup seriously. At least it has meaning for some clubs. The Essex Senior Cup Final has more meaning to most clubs participating than this nonsense ever will.
How many more times are you going to write the same stuff as though you are representing all of us. Your not, it's a friendly in your opinion not everyone's, to say no one really cares is ridiculous and incorrect. I care for a start so that proves you wrong

So any Premiership team that wins the League cup or FA Cup doesn't care about it, becuase some teams put out weakened sides, or attendance are a little low in the first few rounds?

What utter tosh. It is a trophy, it is your club winning something. In 110 years our little club has only one 3 things. Why would you not even bother to win something that is possible to win.

This pointless competition has generated some of my best moments supporting this club in the last 30 years.

I admit the two play-off final wins have given me more satisfaction, and have been more important, but I would not have missed the runs to those 3 finals.

Thanks Kevin, that will do for me.

[/B]

For me it isn't meaningless - not even a good training game is meaningless - AND I hope to enjoy a beer and a good game tonight; while others may deem to watch EastEnders as their entertainment.
For a poster (you Kevin and others) to post so much on "nothing" is surely a type of oxymoron statement/action?

What game are you watching tonight?

It's all getting a bit lively around here tonight, isn't it. What annoys me with many fans is they are very vocal on certain matters, but when push comes to shove they don't feel as strongly as they make out. Attending the checkatrade is an example - a LOT of criticism about this competition on these forums when it was announced but the longer we stay in it, the more some people forget how opposed they are to it. It's the same with other clubs players who have done something wrong - maybe committed a crime or similar. "Never at our club" the cry goes up "Disgrace" "Wouldn't have them in the building". But if they were half decent or could bang a few goals in pretty much all would be forgotten. We all know how it works, so what's the point in being so vocal in the first place about how high your morals are?

Well, we are there to support our players & enjoy the football & take our family's & friends or even a date with us?!

While you are all sitting there tomorrow night, please remember the long term aims of football heirarchy - to destroy the soul of non premiership football. I'll say no more.

While you are all sitting there tomorrow night, please remember the long term aims of football heirarchy - to destroy the soul of non premiership football. I'll say no more.

I doubt any of us will be sitting there tomorrow night!.. i mean, after all....just how on earth the local Southend United "scabs" are going to get anywhere near the stadium with a "one man" picket line blocking the way!! :smile:

Boycotting the club you profess to love and support can only bring about the DEMISE of that club.If you want to boycott anyone ,then boycott the team that the FA care about most of all , thats ENGLAND,show the FA that way that you are not happy with them, not your own club, this is for you David Icke.I love SUFC and would never boycott them, should i live close enough to attend i would be at every match .

Boycotting the club you profess to love and support can only bring about the DEMISE of that club.If you want to boycott anyone ,then boycott the team that the FA care about most of all , thats ENGLAND,show the FA that way that you are not happy with them, not your own club, this is for you David Icke.I love SUFC and would never boycott them, should i live close enough to attend i would be at every match .

How many of the self proclaiming protectors of English football will be watching Champions League? And are they so naive to imagine that their support of that (and Prem) are more harmful than 100 Check-a-trade games?

I'll be there tonight, the way I look at it is that should we win then we are closer to Wembley, I bet the boycott wouldn't extend to too many if we made the final.

As long as we don't play Prem/Championship teams then it is still a competition to me :thumbsup:. I would much rather break my week up with a match under the lights than by watching snoring Champions League football Zzzzzzzzzz

Unfortunately, due to work commitments I can't be there tonight, had it not been for that I would have.

Can't say I'm too fussed with the league 'tinkering' with it, would rather it continues in some form than to simply end.

Great post, i will be there as always with my son and many of the regular season ticket holders that i sit with. Im also bringing my uncle who has recently moved to Billericay, he wants to watch more football so we are his obvious choice. I will never boycott Southend matches, its not the players fault that the league have changed the rules, so i will be there supporting them

Back