• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you know anything about Cabbies, OBL??? Can you believe them???
oh you know it's and old saying that's so true, hang around the rank and you will see the bull stories they come out with and inflate.. oh Rootshallbloke I know what tree I am barking up, don't worry....I know who OBL is...

oh you know it's and old saying that's so true, hang around the rank and you will see the bull stories they come out with and inflate.. oh Rootshallbloke I know what tree I am barking up, don't worry....I know who OBL is...

Well you're one up on me then as I don't have the vaguest idea who you are! As with most jobs, you get the good and you get the bad. My hubby is, of course, one of the good ones, and he has plenty of stories of his own than feel the need to try and "enlarge" upon them! :smile:

This match report thread feels incomplete without Mrs Blue's comments. I can't think why he hasn't commented. I appreciate he wasn't there, but that doesn't normally stop him.:smile:

This match report thread feels incomplete without Mrs Blue's comments. I can't think why he hasn't commented. I appreciate he wasn't there, but that doesn't normally stop him.:smile:

What!!!! He never, ever does a match report or ratings IF (BIG if) he ever attends a game,home or away; same as several others!!!!:nope:
Only comment will be a few negative "downers" if we win and a few "I told you so"s if we lose.

Both good players but Wordsworth provides a goal threat that timlin does not. Not checked the stats but sure Wordsworth already scored more this season than Timlin ever has in a whole season.

Great to have selection choices though.
But Timlin got 3 assists yesterday so how can you drop him just because he didn't score! I agree with OBL, I would have him and WW and drop Atkinson.

What!!!! He never, ever does a match report or ratings IF (BIG if) he ever attends a game,home or away; same as several others!!!!:nope:
Only comment will be a few negative "downers" if we win and a few "I told you so"s if we lose.

No post from mrsblue on this thread but there is a well done in the Official match thread.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?91610-Bury-FC-v-southend-United&p=1915501#post1915501

But Timlin got 3 assists yesterday so how can you drop him just because he didn't score! I agree with OBL, I would have him and WW and drop Atkinson.

But on the flip side, our run of results have coincided with Atkinson being recalled in a 442 formation, he does a lot of the "donkey" work to allow those around him the freedom to play.
Nice position to be in though for PB, competition for places will keep players on their toes.

No same old, same old. We know PB can't sign a striker he can score, indeed all his signings are woeful. And I was assured Michael Timlin had played his last game for the club so who is this new signing with the same surname?

i think so much is going to depend on injuries- if we get and keep key players fit then the playoffs are real. If not it's mid table. To me if Cox and Ranger play regularly then our goal threat if much improved on last year and this can be the difference. Tims also makes a big difference but with Wordsworth on form hopefully plenty of selection headaches lie ahead.

Aanyway with two home games coming up, one against Bradford, the table could look very interesting in two weeks time. For now 3x nearer the playoffs the the drop zone and that for sure is progress.
And don't forget Jason willlaims is in the wings with his 30 goals a year .....oh sorry?

Personally after a 4-1 win I wouldn't be making ang changes other than those forced upon me. Wordsworth will need to earn his place back - he shouldn't need to wait too long as one of the midfield three will inevitably need a rest at some point. As I've said elsewhere, I'm far more interested in how we ship out 4 or 5 players that aren't likely to be in the first team barring a disaster. I don't know why we carry such a large squad.

Back