• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 3-0 Bradford City

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the blue smoke bomb let off again, after Wilo first goal.

two let off at MK Dons. Those that let them off are complete ***** that have let the club down again, and no doubt another fine. The blue voice have been great of late, but why do they keep doing this? Think the lads at MK dons were about 15, was it the same lads yesterday? Shame if the club does get a fine after such a great display

Firstly totally agree with you regarding the Smoke bombs......but knowing the "organisers" of the Blue Voice as I do (one is my son), they had nothing to do with this incident, and are deeply frustrated after all the hard work they do week in week out to create some kind of atmosphere home and away, is spoilt by some juveniles. It is NOT their responsibility to police the crowd, that is for SUFC, but make no mistake if they knew who was responsible then they take appropiate action!

Ranger could have had a hat trick in the first 18 mins!. Amazing thing playing with confidence, what about the back heel flicks in the first half on the edge of Bradfords penalty area?. No one would haved dared to attempt anything like that a few weeks ago!.
If I see another 90 mins of thorough enjoyment & entertainment, (where the score could have ended up 10-6 to us!) this season at a home game, it will be a bonus!.

Gutted to have missed that performance yesterday, thankfully we had finished the ceremony at the wedding we were at and were able to marvel at the updates without being too obviously caught out!

Delighted for Will, I know I said that I felt he was the one to be dropped if Timlin were to come back in to start, and he's just hammered home quite conclusively why Tims is going to have to be content with the bench a bit longer!

I hope the club is going to post their pre-match tribute in their highlights as I am sure I, and many others who were not able to be there, would really enjoy seeing them.

Looking forward to Tuesday, let's hope there aren't too many knocks or strains going into that one.
Phil was very clever with the Pre match tribute, as he knew it would go on for a while, all our team were standing there in tracksuit tops, it was quite cold.... The Bradford boys were in there kit....feeling the cold a little, knees moving about... (I know there from up north) maybe it was a tactic...

Did anyone else notice that Fortune seems to be actually quite swift now he's match fit? He might not have been first choice but in hindsight he's I suspect far more useful than a number higher up the list- we have 4 first line forwards and 3 of them have played in the premiership- that I am certain has never happened before in the clubs history- and don't forget PB can't sign strikers!!!!

Ranger could have had a hat trick in the first 18 mins!. Amazing thing playing with confidence, what about the back heel flicks in the first half on the edge of Bradfords penalty area?. No one would haved dared to attempt anything like that a few weeks ago!.
If I see another 90 mins of thorough enjoyment & entertainment, (where the score could have ended up 10-6 to us!) this season at a home game, it will be a bonus!.

It does help when a team comes to play football rather than park the bus a la Shrewsbury. However winning and scoring goals is a habit- and 11 with 2 conceded in 4 league games says it not luck but something more meaningful than that..

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the blue smoke bomb let off again, after Wilo first goal.

two let off at MK Dons. Those that let them off are complete ***** that have let the club down again, and no doubt another fine. The blue voice have been great of late, but why do they keep doing this? Think the lads at MK dons were about 15, was it the same lads yesterday? Shame if the club does get a fine after such a great display

maybe hasn't been mentioned as there are more interesting things to talk about such as beating the team 2nd in the league 3 0 !!

Well, this was some game to come back to. I haven't seen us play since the home game v Fleetwood near the end of last season.

I was impressed with the way we took the game to them right from the off ... and how we finished it.

I did think though that if Bradford had scored when they were bossing it, i.e. until we scored our second, that we'd do well to get a draw. Nicky Law was absolute class in their midfield. Having said that, absolutely no complaints from your Kernow correspondent and I'm very much looking forward to being back at the Hall on Tuesday.

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/new...antams-suffer-defeat-at-southend-3424626.aspx

What a great game and that first half was one of the best I have seen.

PB and the coaching staff have done an amazing job turning this Team around and the effort and belief the Team were showing was unbelievable.

Many have already mentioned the great performances and I agree with them, but for me the performance by Wordsworth was majestic, there was class and effort in equal measure - when he plays like that he is too good for this Division.

I know Atkinson won mom and I thought he was fantastic, the work that he greats through really galvanises the rest of the Team and he scored the two goals - what a performance.

I have attached the report from the Bradford web-site which I thought was interesting as it looks like they have a love affair with Wordsworth too.

Having said all that the WHOLE team played just so well - am excited about Tuesday.

Superb result and run of results. I think Atkinson deserves the plaudits here. I have always applauded his non-stop running and total commitment. His contribution to the side is far more than immediately stands out. I have also felt his end game, positive pass/shot, was lacking but against Bradford he showed what he can do. Well done to the lad and to the team overall.

That's probably the most complete performance I've seen under Brown. The players were unreal out there and by far Atkinsons best game for the club. I've always genuinely liked him but completely understand why others don't, but if he played like that every week he'd be a cult hero here. What a game he had!

Not a fan of Brown anymore, I've lost faith in him and others will know I've wanted him out since around the start of September now. I've heard things in and around the club about fallings out etc but in all honesty, if we're playing like this and winning games, I don't really care. The game plan was spot on with the high pressing and forcing Bradford into making mistakes. The only thing I worry about is players getting injured, as I think if we can keep this starting 11 together we'll give anyone in this league a decent game.

You make me laugh, our players are through on goal sometimes, but if they are on the wrong foot they never have a go... the chance has gone.

I like all players, Marshall is a very good player, the stuff coming out of S block in the West was rubbish from quite a few... oh and I don't want Colechester to go down, and was upset West Ham through it away at the last gasp....

I really enjoyed the game, and would have been happy with a draw the way Bradford have been playing... Cox had a chance and passed it sideways, but he was decent. What a win.

Oh come on - he gave Coker a good game, a good dog fight between the two, neither had out right advantage, but you have to admit his dead balls were cack - really cack - and therefore us in the west took great joy in letting him know - :smile: anyway, it was my birthday and I totally enjoyed myself:smile:

Oh come on - he gave Coker a good game, a good dog fight between the two, neither had out right advantage, but you have to admit his dead balls were cack - really cack - and therefore us in the west took great joy in letting him know - :smile: anyway, it was my birthday and I totally enjoyed myself:smile:

Hope you had a great birthday.

Lovely action shot from the Bradford Telegraph which epitomised the battle between Anton and Hanson.

ONLY NEGATIVE TO MENTION

WHEN WILL THE TINY MINDED IDIOTS WHO THINK ITS BIG AND CLEVER TO LET OFF SMOKE BOMBS EVER GROW UP !!!!
ITS NOT EITHER BIG OR CLEVER YOU FOOLISH YOUNG PEOPLE !!!!

Please stop tarnishing the name of TBV and the hard work that they do on match days, because of the "childish" actions of a very small minority of fans who aren't involved in TBV. Further to that, I should also add that no-one involved in TBV was involved in this incident and to read comments on here from fans pointing the blame at TBV when we're not involved is incredibly frustrating for those involved with TBV, especially as I thought at times the atmosphere on Saturday was one of our better home atmospheres of the season.

Regarding the incident, as I understand after speaking with a steward both during and after the game, the club and police will be reviewing CCTV and taking appropriate actions where necessary. We've said before after Gillingham at home a few months back, and we'll reiterate our stance once again - TBV do not condone the use of pyro of any sort (smoke bombs, flares etc) at games - it is putting our club at risk of getting fined at both home AND away games, if the incidents are reported. Please don't make the assumption that because it was let off in W block, that TBV was involved, because that feels like an insult to those who willingly give up their time to continually improve the atmosphere both at Roots Hall and at all games both home and away.

Sorry to to rant like this on the post match ratings thread - moving on from the incident, and it was a very complete performance from Southend against a side who were 2nd in the league - great to see Atkinson scoring as well, massively underrated player in the squad. We now need to take the positives from Saturday, and push on from here to get a result against Swindon tonight.... UTB!

Please stop tarnishing the name of TBV and the hard work that they do on match days, because of the "childish" actions of a very small minority of fans who aren't involved in TBV. Further to that, I should also add that no-one involved in TBV was involved in this incident and to read comments on here from fans pointing the blame at TBV when we're not involved is incredibly frustrating for those involved with TBV, especially as I thought at times the atmosphere on Saturday was one of our better home atmospheres of the season.

Regarding the incident, as I understand after speaking with a steward both during and after the game, the club and police will be reviewing CCTV and taking appropriate actions where necessary. We've said before after Gillingham at home a few months back, and we'll reiterate our stance once again - TBV do not condone the use of pyro of any sort (smoke bombs, flares etc) at games - it is putting our club at risk of getting fined at both home AND away games, if the incidents are reported. Please don't make the assumption that because it was let off in W block, that TBV was involved, because that feels like an insult to those who willingly give up their time to continually improve the atmosphere both at Roots Hall and at all games both home and away.

Sorry to to rant like this on the post match ratings thread - moving on from the incident, and it was a very complete performance from Southend against a side who were 2nd in the league - great to see Atkinson scoring as well, massively underrated player in the squad. We now need to take the positives from Saturday, and push on from here to get a result against Swindon tonight.... UTB!

Good post Dan. It's so easy for folk to lump this sort of thing under the TBV banner, and it's really good to know what you have been doing to police TBV. Let's hope the club and police catch and make a statement that this isn't clever and has to stop.

Back