• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would think about having Kypo as left back ........... that would put Tims on the bench who can then be possible cover for either the midfield or left back if needed.

Could also be John White, simple because he may well be needed soon as we now have 2 long term injuries in the defense.

Could also be John White, simple because he may well be needed soon as we now have 2 long term injuries in the defence.

Yes - that is another option. And there is an argument for keeping Tims at left back - it keeps him match fit (although I don't think a left back does as much work as a central midfielder) should we pick up an injury in the middle of the park.

Personally I want us to field the best XI we can .......... but Kypo is one for the future I hope and getting some more time on the pitch will be helpful - I think the last time he played for us was during that awful spell earlier in the season when we were letting in goals for fun.

I think Timlin will start tonight as he's more attacking minded than the other two (then get subbed off), not to mention all these articles about him marking his 200th appearance, as well as Phil thinking ahead to who he wants to start against Coventry on Saturday.

Yes - that is another option. And there is an argument for keeping Tims at left back - it keeps him match fit (although I don't think a left back does as much work as a central midfielder) should we pick up an injury in the middle of the park.

Personally I want us to field the best XI we can .......... but Kypo is one for the future I hope and getting some more time on the pitch will be helpful - I think the last time he played for us was during that awful spell earlier in the season when we were letting in goals for fun.

Yeah, your kinda right, the last time he played for us wasn't that long ago (that 4-0 loss to Stevenage in our last Checkatrade game), the last league game he featured in was our 3-1 home win V Millwall. (although he was also in that 4-0 thumping we got by Scunthorpe).

If I have read Echo correct Hines has not been signed and so I expect McL or maybe MacG to be on a wing.
Also PB has told Echo he would like to "squad" select some youngsters; so I hope for a few early home goals and then some changes and a chance for the young lads to show their skill.

Will be interesting to see what sort of a crowd this will be tonight, think I'll go for 2,152.

Smith
White, Thompson, Barrett, Kyprianou
O'Neill, Leonard, Timlin, McGlashan
Cox, Fortune

"Southend unchanged tonight".. ...

i'm guessing unchanged from the Walsall game & hopefully not from the Stevenage game I hope!! :nope:

Back