• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Half an hour into today's match Adam decided to tweet about how many followers he has gained/lost this week. I replied saying I am glad that's more important to you than watching your teammates. Shock horror he has since deleted the tweet. Personally I think his attitude stinks and we should terminate his loan in January if possible.

If I was him I'd be delighted everyday pretending to be a professional footballer and getting away with it.

Half an hour into today's match Adam decided to tweet about how many followers he has gained/lost this week. I replied saying I am glad that's more important to you than watching your teammates. Shock horror he has since deleted the tweet. Personally I think his attitude stinks and we should terminate his loan in January if possible.
Was it him though? There are a lot of websites/app which post that automatically without the users knowledge.

Also, I'd be surprised if our substitutes sit there on the bench with their mobile phones.

Last edited:
I think given the fact it has since been deleted would suggest he couldn't give a monkey's what was happening on the field and decided Twitter was a better use of his time

I think given the fact it has since been deleted would suggest he couldn't give a monkey's what was happening on the field and decided Twitter was a better use of his time

No, as Sam says, there are a number of sites/apps that post this stuff automatically.

He's hardly likely to have had his phone on him in the dug out!

That was my thought, as well, OBL.

I can't see a scenario where a player would say to another one on the bench "Hey, look after my phone for 20 minutes, I'm going on the pitch"

I may give him some leeway then but in still don't think he worth keeping hold of beyond the end of the year. Must be someone better we can bring in

No leeway he, his whole family, friends and anyone who has ever spoken to him must be immediately executed for crimes against social media. That is the law in this country now we have won back our freedom. I wonder if he is a Bremonaner/Muslim too? Scum!

No leeway he, his whole family, friends and anyone who has ever spoken to him must be immediately executed for crimes against social media. That is the law in this country now we have won back our freedom. I wonder if he is a Bremonaner/Muslim too? Scum!

Agreed. We don't know what's happened here, but let's find Adam King and lynch him on the off chance. He's clearly a witch.

Surely you can't have phones on subs benches and pitches. That would lead to way too many people trying to suss information out for betting and other related things. In fact I'm certain it is banned.

Surely you can't have phones on subs benches and pitches. That would lead to way too many people trying to suss information out for betting and other related things. In fact I'm certain it is banned.
Law 4 of the new batch implemented this season banned "all electronic communications with substitutes" so would suggest so.

Poor guy. His parent club loan him out and then he struggles to make a good impression at Roots Hall. Give the man a break!

I'm not bothered about his tweets.

His performances are not up to standard. He needs to go back to Swansea to play for there reserves.

I'm not bothered about his tweets.

His performances are not up to standard. He needs to go back to Swansea to play for there reserves.

Agreed. If we are able to terminate in January and bring in someone who can actually provide competition for a starting spot then that's what we should do. Waste of a squad number at the moment.

Iirc King is a Payne type of attacking midfielder , brought in to cover a role for which, at the time, we had no one available (Wordsworth was injured) at a time when short term loans were not allowed.
Since then we have changed systems due to other players being available, Wordsworth has returned, his role in now, in all probability, is part of plan C tactically or cover for two injuries in one area of the pitch. Hardly his fault really and to be honest , if the loan regulations had been the same as last season, he would have finished his loan here in October and be playing in league 2 regularly by now. I think he is the one who should be feeling hard done by here.

Agreed. We don't know what's happened here, but let's find Adam King and lynch him on the off chance. He's clearly a witch.

Bearing in mind that the man (lad?) is from Wales he is more likely to be a druid :dunce:than a witch, isn't he?

I would keep him another couple of weeks as it is coming up to the winter equinox soon (when the sun is furthest away from the earth and the shortest length of daylight) and we might need him to perform a ceremony ...........

Bearing in mind that the man (lad?) is from Wales he is more likely to be a druid :dunce:than a witch, isn't he?

I would keep him another couple of weeks as it is coming up to the winter equinox soon (when the sun is furthest away from the earth and the shortest length of daylight) and we might need him to perform a ceremony ...........

Scottish I believe.

Back