• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
With Fortune in talks over a new deal and his set to expire at the end of January, it seems to not be looking good for Jakob Sokolik given that his deal expires on New Year's Eve.

Wonder if Brown is planning to get rid but with Inniss out and Barrett seemingly all but gone, that would leave us with only Dan Matsuzaka or John White as cover should Anton or Adam get injured.

That said, he's only started twice in the league and only played 23 minutes (excluding EFL Trophy) since the Scunthorpe defeat in early September.

Should we extend his deal?

I've always had time for Jakob, and still do. Leaving aside the Egan/Sokolik partnership, I think he has been very unlucky during his time with us. I would definitely extend him as not to do so leaves us very exposed if we accept that Barrett is off the menu. I genuinely believe that there is a very good player waiting to emerge in him and only more games will prove me right or wrong.

I'm finding that every time I see a new thread with just the surname of one of our players I think 'what's he been up to now'! :blush:

I've always had time for Jakob, and still do. Leaving aside the Egan/Sokolik partnership, I think he has been very unlucky during his time with us. I would definitely extend him as not to do so leaves us very exposed if we accept that Barrett is off the menu. I genuinely believe that there is a very good player waiting to emerge in him and only more games will prove me right or wrong.

Pretty much agree with you, I think that Sokolik will only get better, whereas Barrett will unfortunately get worse.

When is Innis due back....or will his loan ? have expired ?
His loan is until the end of the season, think PB recently said that he's at Palace for recovery at the moment and expect back at Boots and Laces very soon with an aim of being available in a few weeks.

If we have aspirations towards the play-offs then we need Jakob and Inniss fit and ready to go. Ferdinand will have hamstring problems throughout matches and a bad one will put him out for a few games. A replacement will then be vital.

Sokolik looked like he didnt want to be on the pitch when he game on against Coventry and made a very poor attempt at a tackle for their goal.

Better out there, but probably not as cheap, so a six month extension would not hurt.

Sokolik needs to get his hair cut then we will see the player he was when we first had him here, simple:thumbsup:

No problem with Matsuzaka being added. Have loved seeing AB lead this club over a couple of different spells but he's 36 now and no longer first choice. Unless I'm missing something, giving an opportunity on the bench to a promising youth player is surely a positive thing ?

No problem with Matsuzaka being added. Have loved seeing AB lead this club over a couple of different spells but he's 36 now and no longer first choice. Unless I'm missing something, giving an opportunity on the bench to a promising youth player is surely a positive thing ?

Nope "it sums Brown up" trying to give youth a chance. What's the point!?

Sokolik looked like he didnt want to be on the pitch when he game on against Coventry and made a very poor attempt at a tackle for their goal.

Better out there, but probably not as cheap, so a six month extension would not hurt.

Jacob looked keen and fast getting set to go on when Anton first had treatment for his injury; but that didn't happen and Jacob returned to the dug out. He looked disappointed not to get on then with 10 minutes to play. You might have a point that when, many minutes later he did get used he wasn't visibly "up for it" however that could be partly getting cold standing/sitting about.

Back