• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game consoles

Console....

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
I've been umming & ahhhing over getting a console....so can someone give me some prompting in what to get? All these modern games all seem so complicated, sometimes I think I'd rather go back to the simplicity of an N64.

Do you have any friends who own either who you might want to play the odd game with?

Are there any exclusives for either that you've seen that you might want to play?

If the answer to both of these is 'no' then I wouldn't over think it. Buy whichever one you see a decent deal on and don't look back. I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy so I'm biased towards PS4 and will give you some tips on games if you go for one but there's others here I'm sure who prefer the XBox.

Not really - I can't be doing with multi-player and getting destroyed by angry 13yr old boys. I am drawn towards a PS4 more than an XBox though.

Both Xbox and Playstation will be bringing out more powerful models of Xbox one and PS4 in the near future, if you want the most up to date. Or wait until Ninentdo bring out their new one -Switch.

Do you have any friends who own either who you might want to play the odd game with?

Are there any exclusives for either that you've seen that you might want to play?

If the answer to both of these is 'no' then I wouldn't over think it. Buy whichever one you see a decent deal on and don't look back. I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy so I'm biased towards PS4 and will give you some tips on games if you go for one but there's others here I'm sure who prefer the XBox.

Have you seen his post count :winking:

Xbox all the way, I've just got myself a new Xbox One and think it's brilliant. I had a 360 before that and really enjoyed that. I don't get a lot of time to play it but when I do it's always enjoyable. If you do decide on an Xbox get yourself Battlefield One, get yourself on Xbox Live and add me and we will kill some Germans together.

Sorry buddy I hadn't seen you had replied. This generation of consoles is weird in that for me some of the best games out there are remastered versions of games from the previous generation (which it sounds like you missed). The Bioshock Collection and Return to Arkham are both on sale currently on the PS4 online store and would give you access to at least four of the best games of the last gen. the Batman Arkham gaes are great for someone worried about other games being too complicated too.

If you've not played The Last of Us then buy The Last of Us. It's the greatest film you'll ever play and one of my top five games ever. Another in my top five ever is a delightful little game called Journey. It's three hours long and it's incredible (this is assuming you're paying for a PS+ subscription to get online as Journey has an incredibly innovative use of online - you can play it off line but it isn't the same experience).

What sort of games are you into?

Cheers Beefy - I like pretty much anything, though not overly fussed on car driving sims like Gran Turismo. Never liked Call of Duty(s) but loved Quake/Doom stuff like that. Going to have to get FF 15.

Doom got a reboot a couple of months ago which was well received. It's like £15 in most places at the moment. I wouldn't be a huge First Person Shooter fan but I picked up Titanfall 2 last week because it looks like fun.

Back