• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great game.

Good football. Committed players and really confident play.

I'm not sure what exactly has happened behind the scenes but PB and his team have turned it around.

Yes I was one of the people calling for PB to get the chop but I'm just pleased to see the team playing as a unit again.

Ps if your the plum at the back of the West w block who continually shouts Brown out and he is ruining the club etc, then give it a rest fella. Yes you were right to stick with brown. No need to spend the game trying to slate your fellow fans. We all want what's best for the club.

Great game.

Good football. Committed players and really confident play.

I'm not sure what exactly has happened behind the scenes but PB and his team have turned it around.

Yes I was one of the people calling for PB to get the chop but I'm just pleased to see the team playing as a unit again.

Ps if your the plum at the back of the West w block who continually shouts Brown out and he is ruining the club etc, then give it a rest fella. Yes you were right to stick with brown. No need to spend the game trying to slate your fellow fans. We all want what's best for the club.

:smile::smile::thumbsup:

SMITH 8 Quiet game but 2 excellent saves shows what a brilliant prospect he is.
DEMETRIOU 8 Got forward well + overlapped Atkinson at the right times.
THOMPSON 9 International class - speed + strength and showed good sense to calm down Fortune + Ferdy
FERDINAND 7 Couple of mistakes but despite lack of mobility always in right place at right time
TIMLIN 8 Tenacious in the tackle, no right winger fancies taking him on. Wins every 50-50 and most 30-70s !
LEONARD 8.5 Quality , his pace is frightening + allows our team to pour forward. Long throws getting better!
WORDSWORTH 7 Easy match, kept it simple + saving himself for the big matches coming up
ATKINSON 7.5 Another great finish , kept the ball well , excellent energy. So important - unsung hero.
McLAUGHLIN 7 Great energy but things didnt really come off for him. Needs to attack the full back more.
COX 9 What a top quality striker we have here! Excellent all round play + finishing. Needs to be greedier!
FORTUNE 9.5 MOM Absolutely superb never stops running, always wants the ball . Deserves to start every match.

and blind eyed officials, surely one of the four must have seen the incident?

UTBs

The ref and the lino's were following the ball and running towards the South Bank at the time, the only one who may have seen it was the fourth man who was also probably following play.

As for the match, although I only get to see the team 6 or 7 times a season, that first half performance was the best 45 minutes I have seen them play for many a year.
When Wimbledon bought on the two lumps at half time, I knew they would throw the kitchen sink at us but, despite a couple of scares, the back line held firm and that wonder goal from Cox, just WOW.
I don't do individual ratings but the whole team get 10/10 for entertainment.

Last edited:
seen the highlights and what a lovely finish from Cox. His class is really starting to show. great, lovely finish.

shocking assault on Fortune though

1st half we were the most dominant I've seen us for a while, MAF belies his age! The partnership and running of the ball was befitting of a higher league. When Cox put Demetriou through on goal and he was thwarted by his 1st touch, who ran back to cover the right back berth...Cox. Atkinson and Lenny were immense, and we have at last scored from a long throw!

2nd half they came out all guns blazing and looked threatening, but when their player got booked their manager shouted to the players to calm him down, and as he ran back he was told by Ardley to "calm it, we can't do this with 10 men" Can't believe that when he eventually did get sent off Ardley patted him on the back as he walked past? This effectively killed any slim chance they may of had of getting back in the game.

Dont really give a damm as to why the change around in performance has happened, just enjoying the moment.

Back