• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whose contract would you renew?

• John White

Votes: 73 33.0%
  • Adam Thompson

Votes: 207 93.7%
  • Anton Ferdinand

Votes: 214 96.8%
  • Jakub Sokolik

Votes: 38 17.2%
  • Dan Matsuzaka

Votes: 103 46.6%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Anthony Wordsworth

Votes: 214 96.8%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 207 93.7%
  • Luke O'Neill

Votes: 111 50.2%
  • Ryan Leonard (option to extend)

Votes: 212 95.9%
  • Michael Timlin (option to extend)

Votes: 194 87.8%
  • David Mooney

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • Jason Williams

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters
Lenny has the physical attributes to play in the prem, but sadly not the technical ones. He has developed into a great defensive midfielder who gets us out of so so many dangerous situations.

I would be offering him at least another 2 or 3 years.

Wordy is the total opposite. Technically good enough for the Prem, but not physically.

They work very well together. Would offer Wordsworth the same as Lenny.

ETTB bang on the money. I love watching Wordy when attacking , but I cringe at some of his challenges. But my god, what a monster of player a combined Wordy/Lenny would be.

Lenny's really matured into that holding role. So strong and quick. Players think they have the legs on him and then when they are wide, they truly to run straight past him and he just opens his run up and finds another gear. He is vital now to how we set up. Any technical player needs players like Lenny to do all the housekeeping and as you say, hence why he and Wordy are a great fit and another important factor to our recent run !

To be fair to Wordsworth this season he has tracked back more and makes interceptions on the edge of our box, something he wasn't doing at all last season. But in the final third he is pure class, some of his little flicks and first time passes are a joy to behold.

Lenny has the physical attributes to play in the prem, but sadly not the technical ones. He has developed into a great defensive midfielder who gets us out of so so many dangerous situations.

I would be offering him at least another 2 or 3 years.

Wordy is the total opposite. Technically good enough for the Prem, but not physically.

They work very well together. Would offer Wordsworth the same as Lenny.

Indeed he has. Last season some were calling him Brown's favourite or the undroppable Lenny. Then only a few months ago Brown has ruined Lenny by 'shackling' him and stopping those 'marauding' runs.

Now that we have scouts at RH watching Lenny the defensive mid-fielder, the same posters will say....Brown can take no credit as he inherited Lenny

John White has to be let go along with Jason Williams he's had enough time to prove himself. Barrett will no doubt retire, looks like Sokolik is off in Jan and as for the rest sign them all up.

White is very useful to have in the squad as he's experienced, respected, solid enough and can play across the back four. I would offer White a new contract but make it crystal clear that he is not going to be a starter. If he's happy to stay and sit on the bench or stay and wait/fight hard for his place then fine by me - but if he wants guaranteed first team football then I'll also be happy to let him go.

White is very useful to have in the squad as he's experienced, respected, solid enough and can play across the back four. I would offer White a new contract but make it crystal clear that he is not going to be a starter. If he's happy to stay and sit on the bench or stay and wait/fight hard for his place then fine by me - but if he wants guaranteed first team football then I'll also be happy to let him go.

If we stay in league one by all means keep him as a squad player. Pushing forward and going for the Championship he isn't even worth having as an option to sit on the bench. We got found out last time we went up to the Championship by having players who overachieved in league one and were probably decent league two/average league one players. We need to start building for the push by signing better players and letting go of the deadwood. We aren't a big club and don't have a massive budget so we can't afford to have squad players!

This may well be too early in the season for this, (after all we are likely to be playing the likes of Hull, sunderland and swansea when we win the playoffs), but who would you like to see offered a new deal to keep them at the club next season?

as far as forwards go I think we look in decent shape with Ranger, Cox and Fortune,(can this please not turn into another thread on MAF's deal, its getting boring now), I don't think mooney will get an offer as despite all his effort the new arrivals are a step above. Williams I think might get another year if he does well on loan if not then if not I don't think we'll be missing an awful lot.

at the back i think it's time for AB to be put out to pasture, there may be a coaching option if and only if he can do the job well. as for Innis ( I know he's on loan) he could be a decent option depending on who else is available but I don't think he will be first choice for a while

i agree with you , but would also like to see how he did in a team playing with confidence and 2 strikers rather than one who looked poor with 1 up top.
think he is better than we've seen and he put a lot of work in just before he got injured.

Back