• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Two wonderful actors, Hywel Bennett and Robert Hardy. I absolutely loved All Creatures and Robert Hardy was a big part of why as the eccentric Siegfried Farnon. RIP.

Last edited:
Cricketer Doug Insole dubbed "Mr Essex" dies age 91. He was our former Essex captain, Chairman & President, as well as being on the MMC committee for 20 years & an England selector for 19 years.

Former Essex and England cricketer Doug Insole has passed away after a good innings of 91. He famously dropped Boycott after he got 264 not out against India for playing too slow.

And he is on my list.

Former Essex and England cricketer Doug Insole has passed away after a good innings of 91. He famously dropped Boycott after he got 264 not out against India for playing too slow.

And he is on my list.

Nice one mias, a bit out of left field.
Will update by the end of the day.

RIP.Glen Campbell.Wonderful singer who I never got to see live.Would have loved to have seen him at The Cliffs or anywhere in fact.:sad:

Saw him at the Cliffs a couple of years back on his farewell tour - simply wonderful. Backed by a band with family members, they prompted him re the song list but he was note and pitch perfect. And after two songs in the encoure he wanted to go on but his daughter said no as he was getting a bit tired. A moment to treasure.

In memory of the guy, I think you should be awarded a "Brucey Bonus" point.

Back