• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I the only one who doesn't quite gel with this "pulling up trees" in training malarky?

Surely it's what the players do on the pitch for the real matches that counts? There are plenty of players who can dance around in training and do fancy tricks with their eyes closed but it is a completely different thing to do it at 3:00 p.m. on a Saturday.

Come on Phil - let us see what Zaffo can do against Swindeo please (albeit from the bench I suspect).

its all to do with the new stadium build.
the more we can save on contractors costs the better , therefore every new player has a clause in their contract that they must pull up some trees in or around the training complex.
hope I've cleared it up for you.

It's all to do with the new stadium build.
The more we can save on contractors costs the better, therefore every new player has a clause in their contract that they must pull up some trees in or around the training complex.
Hope I've cleared it up for you.

Thanks. :thumbsup:I thought it might have something to do with the construction of the dome.

It must be a bit off putting having to play footie when there are a great number of trees all over the training complex. Really, we should be signing a lumberjack, shouldn't we?

Am I the only one who doesn't quite gel with this "pulling up trees" in training malarky?

Surely it's what the players do on the pitch for the real matches that counts? There are plenty of players who can dance around in training and do fancy tricks with their eyes closed but it is a completely different thing to do it at 3:00 p.m. on a Saturday.

Come on Phil - let us see what Zaffo can do against Swindeo please (albeit from the bench I suspect).

Freddy Eastwood wasn't one to pull up too many trees in training, but wasn't too shoddy when it mattered.

you'd think that if you're trying to get into the team you should put a bit more of a shift in. And also know the manager - Phil Brown has said he wants competition for places so both indicate to me that Hines should know he needs to bust a gut to get in that team and stay there

You'd think that if you're trying to get into the team you should put a bit more of a shift in. And also know the manager - Phil Brown has said he wants competition for places so both indicate to me that Hines should know he needs to bust a gut to get in that team and stay there.

Graft v craft perhaps?

Does a good manager take a good player (if the player is not good then why sign him?) and mould him to fit in the team or take a good player and let the player play freely to get the best out of him?

Or perhaps it just takes some liquorice squares, liquorice rounds, coconut rounds etcetera. Yes - all sorts.

It's good to start the new year with some managerial philosophy ................ :unsure:

He's on the bench today. Quite rightly (IMO) McGlashan takes the place of McLaughlin. He has been a bit unlucky not to be starting regularly

Back