• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Got to use your squad over the Christmas period. We looked exhausted, first time I've ever seen Will Atkinson look knackered. Everyone has a breaking point and if McLaughlin hadn't got injured we'd have named the same starting eleven 3 times in a week.

With the potentially tricky run of games we have coming up now I think we could end up looking back on this one as a massive failure to not take all 3 points

Lenny and JD were the pick of our bunch for me. Hines looked very rusty but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with it being his first game in 14 months

Got to use your squad over the Christmas period. We looked exhausted, first time I've ever seen Will Atkinson look knackered. Everyone has a breaking point and if McLaughlin hadn't got injured we'd have named the same starting eleven 3 times in a week.

With the potentially tricky run of games we have coming up now I think we could end up looking back on this one as a massive failure to not take all 3 points

Lenny and JD were the pick of our bunch for me. Hines looked very rusty but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with it being his first game in 14 months

JD is so desperate for a goal though. It's like seeing a mate pulling a 10 to 2 er in TOTS

The stadium reminded me of Bournemouth - red and by the park!

£10 to park was a shocker - I only had 78p left so no pie at half time :(

JD is so desperate for a goal though. It's like seeing a mate pulling a 10 to 2 er in TOTS
I've said before though (I think after the Boxing Day game), he's not the person I want running through one on one - get the ball to Cox, Fortune or Woody!

I've said before though (I think after the Boxing Day game), he's not the person I want running through one on one - get the ball to Cox, Fortune or Woody!

What, for him to pass it when he gets in the box? Showed on Boxing Day the quality he has but he frustrates the hell out of me when he doesn't shoot and tries to lay someone off

What, for him to pass it when he gets in the box? Showed on Boxing Day the quality he has but he frustrates the hell out of me when he doesn't shoot and tries to lay someone off

Agree with this. That's my one criticism of Cox so far, needs to be more greedy.

I thought it could have gone either way. They lacked confidence, we lacked a spark - due to fatigue maybe. I agree Anton was inspiring, but the front two were also excellent.

Smith - 6 - couple of saves but flapped on occasion
Demetriou 6- he will score! average right back display but he does love trying the shot
Thompson 6.5 - OK, didnt have to do much
Ferdinand 7.5 - he actually lost the first 50/50, maybe Rigsby was in the bar at kick off, but he was very assured.
Timlin - 5 - at times painful to watch. i dont buy the idea he was injured, he should never have been last man, he's not a defender and cant anticipate the ball over the top
Atkinson - 6 - ran around a lot to little effect
Leonard- 6.5 ran a bit more than Atkinson but wore out later
Wordy - 6.5 looked a but leggy but marked well by Swindon
McGlashan 6- flashes of brilliance let down by him disappearing at times and then fading fast
Cox 7.5 - always wanted the ball, clever play
Fortune 7.5 - very clever player, uses his body well to win and then retain the ball.

Subs

Ranger - 7 - wasnt as threatening as usual
Hines - 6.5 - a Mcglashan a like. not match sharp but could be useful

The hospitality was excellent, thanks to Dennis and Turnbull and the HR Dept. Sat next to Fraser Digby at dinner and the match, so he was giving me insights throughout the game. Pitchside photos, stadium tour, etc all well done. Met Brian Dear, had a chat with him, and me and one of the sponsors had a photo with Ron. Sam Parkin was also there receiving his hall of fame tie, and he was a top bloke as well.

Also saw Tim Sherwood (taller than I thought) and Brendan Rodgers (his son was playing)

How did Bridge do in his (admittedly brief) first league appearance since August?

Did you get to see Fraser Digby's washbag?

How did Bridge do in his (admittedly brief) first league appearance since August?

Did you get to see Fraser Digby's washbag?

Didn't do much to be honest- completely forgot he came on!

Haha, he told us the story at dinner. He also mentioned he messed up his own name in the song when he came onto Danny Baker's show to sing it.

I agree , it's getting ridiculous now.
I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion , but it is seriously affecting the enjoyment on here for many people.
Yes , we don't have to read the posts etc , but IMO that's not the point.

For the past 12months or so it hasn't mattered what the thread has been about, they all seem to get turned into Mrs Blue "it's all about me threads" getting a tad boring now.

And the eighteen months before that, it's the main reason quite a few posters have stopped coming on here and contributing last season, because it was allowed to continue. I've had her/him on mute for a long while now, but even that doesn't work because you have the constant quoting from the hordes she's ****ed off this time and hijacking of posts breaking up every thread.

Re: the game

I thought we played well, but clearly looked leggy - Leonard confirmed as much on Twitter the next day.

Ferdinand continues to look a class above and Thompson continues to grow alongside him. Smith hasn't looked out of place in goal so far, and hopefully continues to thrive in Oxley's absence, again having Ferdinand and an in form Thompson in front of him is the perfect time for him to come in.
The midfield missed McLaughlin, and Leonard and Wordsworth played well, but just looked slightly jaded.

Fortune, held the play up well, and brought Cox and the midfield into play well whilst he was on. Cox looked sharp and tidy, and uses his body strength well, but echo the poster that said he needs to be a little bit greedier sometimes.

Will's tweet only an hour or so after the game said it all -

will atkinson ‏@willako16
Get me to my bed.

Although we can't argue too much about getting 2 draws in the last 2 games, My main worry with the games we have coming up is that if we lose 2 on the bounce, it's going to be difficult to see where the next point will come from after that! So we could easily go from 13 unbeaten to not winning a game in 7/8 games. I hope I'm proved wrong but the squad needs much better depth to it! We either need Cokes back (to free Tims up for CM) or we need another CM! As Scott pointed out, if the likes of Atko are knackered then everyone else will be really feeling it! Although I don't really like squad rotation, sometimes needs must and if PB can't trust giving Oneill etc a start then we need 2/3 new players in!

Back