• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Little snippets concerning this game are starting to appear on other threads so it's probably time for a pre match thread. 'Up the Shrimpers' posted the stuff above on another thread and it's probably as good a place to start as any.

As for our starting 11, it's possibly going to involve some fresh places if injuries are piling up. That said it would not surprise me at all if everyone that started on Monday trots up the tunnel again on Saturday. Just as the Sheffield board fans have said, this is the start of some serious tests against contenders for the top spots.

COYB.

DSC_0929.jpg

Will settle for a repeat of this from March 1983 - Steve Phillips gets set to bag is hatrick from the spot in a 3-1 win - just 3,769 of us there that day, I ran down from my perch at the top of the South Bank to take a rare footie snap

I think there is a lot to be said for the fact that, I believe, if the standard of our opponent is good, then we tend to play better. We know that Sheffield are not going to be quite the pushover they were at Bramall Lane, but I firmly believe that we shouldn't be scared of anyone in this division.

I hope our players were given a full day off yesterday and possibly even today too, giving their knocks and bumps and general fatigue the chance to be sorted out, and are back in training tomorrow refreshed and ready for the match on Saturday.

I'd say the biggest choice for Brown is whether to start Hines or McGlashan.

Sheffield come to town with an incredible run of results...mind you our run ain't too shabby either.

Titanic encounter possible...would love to win but happy with a point too.

With what we have fit and available I am tempted with Utd's attacking prowess to re-instate Coker and have a natural left back but its a tricky call he has missed a month to six weeks and could well be rusty. I haven't seen Timlin at LB myself so can only go on other people's reports but he seems to have done well so its a big call either way I think. If Ranger is fit he starts for me but only if he is fit I would rather not be rushing him back. Maybe some time off the bench if he is not 100% and get him right for the Rochdale fixture. Hines seemed lively when he came on at Swindon so may give him the nod over MacGlashan. Other than that team picks itself at the moment

Smith
Demetriou Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth Hines
Cox Ranger

Subs Bexon, White, Timlin, Bridge, McGlashan, O'Neill, Fortune

I think the fact Coker didn't play in the Unders game against Charlton today means he's not ready yet.

Will Ranger be fit? Haven't seen his fitness mentioned by Brown since Swindon but he could barely walk during the last few minutes of the game. Certainly didn't look like he was going to be ready to start a game 5 days later.

Any news on Ticket Sales,according to to their fans site they have so far sold 980,expect them to sell out.

Any news on Ticket Sales,according to to their fans site they have so far sold 980,expect them to sell out.
According to Chris's ticket thing we have sold 5,039 if you include the other tickets then that's probably around the 5,500 mark. Sheffield United were given 2,000 tickets. They have sold 1,200 as of 9.30am according to their official site.

These next run of games is really going to test the finiancial means of the supporters who arent season ticket holders.

Its great to have decent crowds at the hall reminds me of the days we had in the Championship

I think there is a lot to be said for the fact that, I believe, if the standard of our opponent is good, then we tend to play better. We know that Sheffield are not going to be quite the pushover they were at Bramall Lane, but I firmly believe that we shouldn't be scared of anyone in this division.

I hope our players were given a full day off yesterday and possibly even today too, giving their knocks and bumps and general fatigue the chance to be sorted out, and are back in training tomorrow refreshed and ready for the match on Saturday.

I'd say the biggest choice for Brown is whether to start Hines or McGlashan.

If you were at Swindon you would not even be considering Hines

There's a smattering of Blades supporters that think this will be a tough game, and a larger number that reckon they owe us for stuffing them last season and then again this season at their place. I doubt Phil will need to give the team much of a pre match pep talk as they should be really up for this one. I hope we give them a total stuffing (just like the last two games against them, hee hee).

Not at all. He just looked incredibly rusty, much like Ranger did in pre season. Hines is no where near ready for a start yet

Indeed and when he does, he needs to learn to square the ball to someone in a far better position to score.

We've built a lot of our success on exactly that and he'll need to step up to the way we want to play, rather than trying to impress on his own.

We've built a lot of our success on exactly that and he'll need to step up to the way we want to play, rather than trying to impress on his own.

Can't really blame him though - this was his chance to impress after a considerable time in the wilderness.

Back