• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One thing that is slightly puzzling me is the fact that historically Phil Browns teams have always been one of the fittest ive ever seen in a Southend shirt, this season in particular some of our players dont seem up to the normal standard. I know Ranger has hardly played in 2 years, but come on he looked dead on his feet after 25-30 mins. Cox looks like he could lose a stone or 2 and Lenny looks lethargic (very unlike him) Ferdinand looks chunky also. Do we still have the same fitness/backroom team? just clutching at straws really as we really did lose to a good team Sat, even with the right formation we would have struggled.

Agreed.

Coxy to me has too much timber...Ranger exploded and was playing on memory,Fortune's tank expired, ain't too fussed about Ferdy because he reads it well,Lenny just had one of those games maybe carrying a knock.

As I said earlier in the week Ranger and Fortune are not 90 minute players week in week out.

As I said earlier in the week Ranger and Fortune are not 90 minute players week in week out.
Bit like your support doesn't last for 90 mins. You love goals and stats , you missed 16% of the match and 50% of our goals, plus our best attempt . New tactics needed for your next match,perhaps leave even earlier:winking:

Sheffield were the better team. Probably would be even if we had played to our optimum. The fact we only drew the previous two matches made this defeat all the more crushing. Two points from nine is not great form. With ten wins, nine draws and seven defeats I think a number of the draws are going to hurt us more than some of the defeats. As for fitness, they do look tired, but as I have said before, it is what you get when you have quality over quantity. We do not have enough quality individuals to take their share of the strain. I hope that additions to the squad have long been identified and they arrive soon as opposed to waiting until the last knockings of the transfer window. A poor January and our season could already be defined.

I am sure the manager and the club are doing what they can to bring some fresh faces in and any delay may not be their fault. I just hope luck is on their side because we really do need some extra options.

Bit like your support doesn't last for 90 mins. You love goals and stats , you missed 16% of the match and 50% of our goals, plus our best attempt . New tactics needed for your next match,perhaps leave even earlier:winking:

We left at 4 1..Sheffield looked as though they would score more.

Sorry for not staying for the duration:winking:

Still, only 12 points to pretty much guarantee safety for the season, so it's been a great effort so far and some genuinely exciting signings gracing the hallowed turf.

Some fantastic matches as well and the Hall has been buzzing lately. Always feel genuinely excited going to matches at the moment and you almost feel you kick every ball with the players.

Think the team is doing fantastically well, given that we are not a club with money to spend and have had to gel a new team together, whilst having injury issues to a couple of key players.

Chris Wilder described Saturday as their toughest game for some time (and we didn't play to our full potential, either).

Bring on Rochdale! :happy:

Back