• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National Heath Service

Staff member suspended on full pay for well over a year...accused of assault on a client.

She was cleared of all charges in court....but dopey managers decided to hold their own enquiry after the court case at considerable expense and....found her not guilty:stunned:

The NHS is full of idiots and lots of money.

Latest news from the National World Health Service.

Nigerian woman flew to the US to give birth...Those darn Americans were dubious about her paying the medical bill so she was refused treatment,the woman then flew into the good old UK and was rushed into hospital to give birth to quads at a cost of £500,000...Foreign healthcare costs us the taxpayer according to official info 500 million every year...I think it's more but hey whose counting.

Latest news from the National World Health Service.

Nigerian woman flew to the US to give birth...Those darn Americans were dubious about her paying the medical bill so she was refused treatment,the woman then flew into the good old UK and was rushed into hospital to give birth to quads at a cost of £500,000...Foreign healthcare costs us the taxpayer according to official info 500 million every year...I think it's more but hey whose counting.
2 of the babies died, would have been 4 dead babies if our doctors had turned her away. The figure is from the Mail and the Sun who both put it on their front pages, both have a habit of making up numbers on front pages then detracting them a few days later in a tiny 'correction' pieces.
NHS officials have admitted that we are much worse at reclaiming costs than other EU nations because of the low budgets they have for admin (you often hear people moaning about NHS admin costs, but they have a reason to be there).

2 of the babies died, would have been 4 dead babies if our doctors had turned her away. The figure is from the Mail and the Sun who both put it on their front pages, both have a habit of making up numbers on front pages then detracting them a few days later in a tiny 'correction' pieces.
NHS officials have admitted that we are much worse at reclaiming costs than other EU nations because of the low budgets they have for admin (you often hear people moaning about NHS admin costs, but they have a reason to be there).

Sadly you have missed the point...the NHS is in need of cash ,lots of cash !

This woman chose her route carefully,she decided to become pregnant,she decided to travel firstly to the States then onto here.

The Spanish health service is far superior than the UK's,why didn't she go to Spain,because they would have turned her away and she knew it,this story is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sadly you have missed the point...the NHS is in need of cash ,lots of cash !

This woman chose her route carefully,she decided to become pregnant,she decided to travel firstly to the States then onto here.

The Spanish health service is far superior than the UK's,why didn't she go to Spain,because they would have turned her away and she knew it,this story is just the tip of the iceberg.
she went into Labour 3 months early so hadn't actually planned to give birth here (or anywhere yet), if other nations are happy to have 4 unnecessary deaths on their hands that is their lookout. The headline should be 'NHS saves lives of babies after women goes into early labour' but the Mail and Sun don't see things that way because they are *****

she went into Labour 3 months early so hadn't actually planned to give birth here (or anywhere yet), if other nations are happy to have 4 unnecessary deaths on their hands that is their lookout. The headline should be 'NHS saves lives of babies after women goes into early labour' but the Mail and Sun don't see things that way because they are *****

Read the full story !

She had IVF which is known for multiple babies...she was advised to give birth in another country because Nigeria doesn't have the facilities,she travelled to the US but was refused the care,her next port of call was here...she planned to give birth in any country she could...she owes £500,000 and counting,currently living in an hostel paid for by charity,it's crazy.

I can see the queue forming in third world countries to get here.

Read the full story !

She had IVF which is known for multiple babies...she was advised to give birth in another country because Nigeria doesn't have the facilities,she travelled to the US but was refused the care,her next port of call was here...she planned to give birth in any country she could...she owes £500,000 and counting,currently living in an hostel paid for by charity,it's crazy.

I can see the queue forming in third world countries to get here.
'she planned to give birth in any country she could' sounds suitably vague that the journalist is just making stuff up

Have come into this a bit late and haven't got time to read all the posts. I suppose my contribution has been prompted by the documentary piece filmed at the Royal Blackburn. I Saw the first part on BBC News, Monday night. Apart from the interminable waiting (the doctor who came back on shift the next day, to find a patient still waiting), I was struck by the near exhaustion of the staff. The question must soon come, is the NHS in its present form sustainable? With the need to care for an increasingly aging population perhaps an honest debate on its whole future should be considered. It seems to me that either very large increases in National insurance are going to be required or a complete restructuring is called for, maybe looking how the systems on the continent work. In France I suppose you would say it is private but the organisations (mutuals) which run it are supposedly non-profit making (rather like old building societies in the UK). There is also a safety net for those who cannot afford to pay........no one goes untreated. The fear of course, in the UK, with the present government, is that they only have one solution in mind. It is ideologically pointed towards selling off the NHS to the private sector, who are there to make money. This situation is likely to be exacerbated post-Brexit, with any trade agreement with the USA. The strong possibility is that American health companies would then proliferate in the UK.

Back