• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2017

If not ramming.. what would you call it then Ricey?

He intentionally and calculated crashing into another driver to gain an advantage. I used the words "side swipe" but to all effects, it still ramming. I also mentioned it was a 10 second stop and go penalty in my earlier post.

I think we know you don't like Hamilton (that's fair enough....off the track he gets on my t1ts too).. but if you got "side swiped" by another car at high speed, I think you would be moaning like a bitch too, most likely more than Hamilton did.

On another note, it was disappointing to see Verstappen being retired again. There is some real raw talent in that kid.

Like I said in my first post it is not ramming it was a bumping of wheels. It's the exact same thing that happens when racers are fighting for position on the track. When it happens during the race they don't call it ramming!

I'm sorry but your second paragraph is absolute nonsense! What did he gain from the 'ramming' then? Absolutely nothing! It did no damage to either car and as it was under the safety car he gained no advantage as you cannot overtake! And to say it was at high speed is just laughable.

I'm not defending Vettel in the slightest it was a very stupid thing to do. He was obviously annoyed at Hamilton for not speeding up and his mistake of going into the back of him. We all do stupid things when adrenaline is racing through us. But it's a massive over reaction. And it's typical of Sky and the British media to make such a big deal about it because it's Hamilton. If that was Stroll on Bottas it wouldn't even be being discussed.

Great race, an example of what we need more of.

I thought Vettel got away lightly with what he did, that wasn't dangerous driving, it was purposefully ramming his car. I also thought Hamilton was questionable with not accelerating out of the corner, but appreciate he has the right to control the pace.

And less of. I got fed up with the safety car.

They could have used the virtual safety car the first couple of times. First race I've seen this season and it had everything, shame Lewis got screwed by something so innocuous though.

I think they were right to use the SC to allow people onto the track, but then should have used the VSC for the restarts because the tires weren't up to temp. They need to work out a way of enabling restarts with tires that are up to temp. Also there was just some shoddy driving. They could maybe do with some Nascar/IndyCar style road-sweepers to clear debris, rather than some random marshalls running around.

Ferrari have decided to built Vettel a new car to take on Hamlton in the next race.

1xmLUG.png

Vettel's new 2017/18 Ferrari

Well done to Hamilton for winning the British Grand Prix and equaling the record set by Jim Clark & Alain Prost. Also now just a single point behind Vettel in the standings. I thought Bottas also did well to finish 2nd after starting in 9th position.

Looking forward to the Hungarian Grand Prix, to see if Hamilton can over take Vettel in the standings. Hamilton holds the record at that circuit for the most wins (5).

Congrats to Lewis for breaking the all time record of "Most Pole Positions", when he eclipsed Michael Schumachers record of 68 poles. An unusual starting line up tomorrow with the novices Stroll in 2nd place, & Ocon in 3rd, and with Vettal down in 6th place. Could make for an interesting race at Monza, and point standings by the time of the checkered flag at the end.

Stroll has been impressive and it's good to see him on the front row. Hamiton's record is really impressive, I think more than people will give him credit for. He's had to work harder for it than Schumi did anyway.

F1 really needs to work out a way to race/quali in the rain. It wasn't heavy rain and sending some cars out would have helped dry the track. Grosjean crashing doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous

Stroll has been impressive and it's good to see him on the front row. Hamiton's record is really impressive, I think more than people will give him credit for. He's had to work harder for it than Schumi did anyway.

F1 really needs to work out a way to race/quali in the rain. It wasn't heavy rain and sending some cars out would have helped dry the track. Grosjean crashing doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous

Absolutely rubbish! He's had the top car for years plus there is more races now so it was easier surpass the record.

Absolutely rubbish! He's had the top car for years plus there is more races now so it was easier surpass the record.

Absolutlely Rubbish!.... And isn't there more teams & drivers now?.. So that levels the playing playing field.

More so Schumacher was with some tin pot car company called Ferrari from 1996 -2006 (and currently holds the world record for "most driver races with a single constructor").

Also, during 2000 - 2004 Schumacher won more races and championships than any other driver in the history of F1.

Come on Ricey, credit, where credit is due!.. Lewis is breaking records (be it Schuie's Prost's or Senna's) That bloke can drive.

Last edited:
Absolutlely Rubbish!.... And isn't there more teams & drivers now?.. So that levels the playing playing field.

More so Schumacher was with some tin pot car company called Ferrari from 1996 -2006 (and currently holds the world record for "most driver races with a single constructor").

Also, during 2000 - 2004 Schumacher won more races and championships than any other driver in the history of F1.

Come on Ricey, credit, where credit is due! Lewis is breaking records (be it Schuie's Prost's or Senna's) That bloke can drive.

It won't happen! :smile:

Why? Amazing achievement from a brit we should be proud of

The Brit who lives in Switzerland and couldn't even be bothered to turn up to the driver meet day in London for his 'home' GP. Yeah so proud!

The Brit who lives in Switzerland and couldn't even be bothered to turn up to the driver meet day in London for his 'home' GP. Yeah so proud!

He was just one of Twenty F1 other drivers that snubbed the London event.

As for F1 drivers that live (or have lived abroad for tax reasons), everyone's been at it since Jim Clark way back in 1963. Other drivers include:

Jochen Rindt, registered in Monaco.

Jackie Stewart, registered in Switzerland.

James Hunt, registered in Monaco.

Jody Schekter, registered in Monaco.

Keke Rosberg, registered in Monaco.

Nelson Piquet, registered in Monaco.

Ayrton Senna, registered in Monaco.

Nigel Mansell, registered in Jersey.

Alain Prost, registered in Switzerland.

Damon Hill, registered in Monaco.

Jacques Villeneuve, registered in Andorra.

Mika Hakkinen, registered in Monaco.

Michael Schumacher, registered in Switzerland.

Fernando Alonso, registered in Switzerland.

Kimi Raikkonen, registered in Switzerland.

Jensen Button, registered in Monaco.

Sabastian Vettal, registered in Switzerland.

To name just but a few of the greats.

Even outside of F1, I believe Mo Farah and Paula Radcliffe also registered their own companies overseas for tax avoidance reasons. I don't agree with it in principle, (especially in Paula's case, as she was receiving a national lottery grant at the time) but if it's not illegal why not. You only have to go back to the 1970's and the tax rate was a whopping 90% for top earners.... Be honest, if the shoe was on the other foot.

Back