• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I got the distinct impression that Goater hasn't watched us in some time.

... and that's being polite! :smile:
To be fair, he's probably based in Manchester/Bermuda and we've only been on TV a handful of times in recent years. Although he may have been better off not going into quite so much detail and digging himself a hole talking about Brown.

My company conducted the interview with Shaun, and I was on the phone call during the interview.

He honestly came across as such a polite, knowledgeable person. The story about him and Freddy doesn't get the full emphasis across - he found Freddy's roots absolutely astonishing as they don't have any gypsies in Bermuda, so he followed him around in training always asking him questions about it, and that's how their friendship really grew and blossomed.

He was also so full of praise to Tilly, saying that despite never managing anywhere else he managed the team exceptionally well. The balance between bigger players (such as himself) and the local lads was expertly maintained, and he had everyone at the club wanting to play for him. He said that was the reason the team performed so well over that year, leading to the club winning the league.

Truly inspirational guy who also had some really interesting things to say about City, Bristol and his other clubs:

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/football-betting/premier-league/shaun-goater,120603.html

Great read from a great guy!

Maybe he meant Tilly was tactically inept & it showed to player of his experience, as well as to most of us in the crowd when we got promoted & came against better set ups & Tilly didn't know what to do at times.

my company conducted the interview with shaun, and i was on the phone call during the interview.

He honestly came across as such a polite, knowledgeable person. The story about him and freddy doesn't get the full emphasis across - he found freddy's roots absolutely astonishing as they don't have any gypsies in bermuda, so he followed him around in training always asking him questions about it, and that's how their friendship really grew and blossomed.

He was also so full of praise to tilly, saying that despite never managing anywhere else he managed the team exceptionally well. The balance between bigger players (such as himself) and the local lads was expertly maintained, and he had everyone at the club wanting to play for him. He said that was the reason the team performed so well over that year, leading to the club winning the league.

Truly inspirational guy who also had some really interesting things to say about city, bristol and his other clubs:

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/football-betting/premier-league/shaun-goater,120603.html

great read from a great guy!

lucky old bermuda !

Back