• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yer that Phl Brown aye? you know, the one that all the players hate.........
I think you will find that it is the Phil Brown that a section of supporters despise with a weird passion for personal reasons. Despite the fact that he has to date been an outstanding success at Southend United.

As always , the history to me is irrelevant.

Welcome Frank , I'm looking forward to supporting you as a Southend player and seeing how play for us .

As always , the history to me is irrelevant.

Welcome Frank , I'm looking forward to supporting you as a Southend player and seeing how play for us .

When people question a new signings goal scoring record I always like to remind them of Barry Corr, who in his last season at Exeter had more red cards than goals. Give the guy a chance. He seems to be very friendly with Wordsworth and Hines already so hopefully that will help get the best out of him having a few mates early on.

Pretty pleased with this signing.

If Ranger is out of the picture then Frank appears to be a more than adequate 'like for like' replacement who will hopefully hold the ball up and also unsettle the opposition back 4 - something that Ranger is great at doing.

Fortune is so skilful and has been great so far but he doesn't have the physicality to upset the opposition - which allows our midfield to push forward and hopefully feed off that second ball.

Good luck Frank!!

As some others have said potential for this to be a very good signing. And with Phil's recent record of recruiting players apparently out of form/over the hill (Cox, MAF, Ranger) and turning them into whats been witnessed this season I'm fairly confident it'll work out alright.

never seen him play, so can't judge, if he impressed PB in training fair enough give a try

Don't think we have a lot to lose with this one and it does at least give us another option - we are very short of numbers right now especially in attacking positions.

Not unhappy with this signing. There is no risk attached and he may well have a goal or two in him. I for one would be more than impressed if we were able to attract Cauley Woodrow to the Club.

As some others have said potential for this to be a very good signing. And with Phil's recent record of recruiting players apparently out of form/over the hill (Cox, MAF, Ranger) and turning them into whats been witnessed this season I'm fairly confident it'll work out alright.

That's all very well but for the sake of a balanced discussion I would also mention that there are apparently/some say dressing room bust ups and fall outs

And then there is Bolger and Worrall. Both of these are decent players in this league but regularly playing elsewhere. We may have signed decent replacements but that is not the point.

Nice to have a striker with real pace ,he will set up chances for Cox and others

I remember seeing him play for West Ham years ago. He was awful and as the West Ham fans were talking next big thing I remember thinking he wouldn't get in the Southend team at that time. That was years ago now. He's had time to improve and who knows, I may have caught him on a bad day, so good luck.

I hope, if ranger is a gonner, that we are still looking at the Matt smith option.

Was that in the Premiership when you saw him? Sadly due to the difference in money, Division one is a whole different class. I like to think if he was ok in the Premier(sh)1te from the video's I have seen, & believe he can still cut at a Division one level. That being said, I've never watched him play, so I can't personally comment on seeing him in action.

Let's all just reserve judgement until he pulls on the shirt and plays for us. Then we can truly judge him & give him an honest match rating.

However, I will say that I think he looks a decent addition to the team & good replacement for an absent Ranger or injured Cox (hope not) also a good option to play down the left or right flanks in the absence of others, as he has done for previous clubs. So some good options there though.

I would like to add, that I completely agree about Matt Smith though. If we could possibly get him in before the January window closes, I really think we could be in for a shout & possibly sniffing around the play off place's with 5 games of the season to go.

Anyway, here's to dreaming, & in the mean time.

UTB
:happy:

That's all very well but for the sake of a balanced discussion I would also mention that there are apparently/some say dressing room bust ups and fall outs

And then there is Bolger and Worrall. Both of these are decent players in this league but regularly playing elsewhere. We may have signed decent replacements but that is not the point.

Here we go again. It just does not matter how our rise from basement division obscurity to a cracking "promotion to the Championship" battle versus Bolton Wanderers continues - some people are absolutely gutted that it is PB behind our success.
PB haters - go and support someone else if your personal feelings override the obviously brilliant job PB is doing at Southend United!
Sick of it!!!!!

Here we go again. It just does not matter how our rise from basement division obscurity to a cracking "promotion to the Championship" battle versus Bolton Wanderers continues - some people are absolutely gutted that it is PB behind our success.
PB haters - go and support someone else if your personal feelings override the obviously brilliant job PB is doing at Southend United!
Sick of it!!!!!

May I politely suggest that you go back and read my post again? If Brown's people skills are to be evaluated then the positives need to be balanced against other more negative outcomes, don't they? Otherwise it is not a balanced viewpoint.

Hash tag: Getoutofbedthewrongsidedidwe?

I'm pleased we signed the iconic Frank.

_49818325_frank.jpg

I fully expect after Frank has made three appearances from the bench he will be offered a 5 year contract .

May I politely suggest that you go back and read my post again? If Brown's people skills are to be evaluated then the positives need to be balanced against other more negative outcomes, don't they? Otherwise it is not a balanced viewpoint.

Hash tag: Getoutofbedthewrongsidedidwe?
Why? If we win and play good football - who cares who falls off the ride along the way?
Is a results business and PB has achieved greater success than most of us dared hope when he was appointed.
So if a player or two is upset along the journey? That is football and it happens at every club.
Southen United are and have been on the up since PB became Manager. That is it. Surely?

Back