• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You lot are a miserable bunch of gits you really are.

This petition will only go to the government if it gets over 100,000 signatures, which is highly unlikely.

Does it really matter if your name is against an online petition, its not as if anyones going to come after you is it, ffs.

Whether it was the first mistake, or a catalougue of mistakes by Ken (which I doubt as the pitch is normally in good condition), the sacking with no notice after 27 years (which is almost a bloody lifetime) is unjustifyably harsh and stupid.

If I got sacked everytime I made a mistake at work I would have had about a thousand jobs in my 20 odd years working.

It has embarrassed the club no end, its in the national press. This petition is just a way of voicing ones feelings.

If you feel the club has handled this well, and has not done anything wrong (including lying about the statement that Chris Phillips received), then dont sign it, get back to Roots Hall on Saturday week and bask in the glory of how wonderful Ron is in delivering on his promises and the new stadium.

If not, just sign the ******** thing. END OF...........FACT......... :smile::smile::smile::smile:

So now we better sign it or else. No you can't have a valid reason not to, like wanting to know the facts first. That just makes you a Ron lover..... END OF.......FACT.....

Its been on BBC Essex since first thing this morning.

BBC Essex jumping on the bandwagon to belittle the club without knowing the full facts, and is wrong to do so imo.

Has anyone thought that if the facts were anything other than Ron got the hump and fired him, the club would of said so.

The two statements put out by the club have been pathetic and have done nothing to dispell the rumours. If the club had done nothing wrong surely they would of said so to stop the witch hunt and national vilification of the club? I know I would!

The two statements put out by the club have been pathetic and have done nothing to dispell the rumours. If the club had done nothing wrong surely they would of said so to stop the witch hunt and national vilification of the club? I know I would!

This is absolutely the point.

Yes Mr Hare may have acted in a manner that deserved the sack in which case, unless advised by Solicitors, then I believe that this should be publicised.

However at the moment, and based on the information available, the club is being seen in a poor light.................again, though I really feel for RM re the Ranger situation. The story looks great on the BBC League One page as it sits rather nicely next to the one about the latest HMRC petition being dismissed.

Working in London, I have had so many people ask me about this story as based on the facts known, everyone is incredulous - obviously including those most inconvenienced which would have been the poor Bolton fans who had probably already started on their journeys south.

I feel really sorry for PB who has the Team playing brilliantly at the moment and deserves to be in the public eye for all the right reasons.

Let's hope that this all blows over quickly to everyone's satisfaction.

Last edited:
I notice the Echo are saying that he had been head groundsman for 27 years,

That would mean he took over from Sid Broomfield

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-46661.html

Given that some of us thought that we had a change of Head Groundsman about 10 years ago, could some of those on here who know him confirm when he was made Head Groundsman

Perhaps he progressed through the ranks. Irrespective of rank, he had been employed for 27 years.

Has anyone thought that if the facts were anything other than Ron got the hump and fired him, the club would of said so.

Basically , its no great surprise that we have heard nothing, the complete lack of comment from the groundsman could indicate that he is keeping his powder dry for the tribunal or he was culpable but doesn't want to say it now, particularly given all the media coverage.

The club have said all they can, given that the possibility of an industrial tribunal is there.

Perhaps he progressed through the ranks. Irrespective of rank, he had been employed for 27 years.

That's what I was getting at Ken, there is misinformation all over the place, if people are guessing at what he has done in his time at the club, I note you used the word perhaps , indicating that you were not sure, and you are in the know, what chance is there of the truth of what happened on Saturday coming out

That's what I was getting at Ken, there is misinformation all over the place, if people are guessing at what he has done in his time at the club, I note you used the word perhaps , indicating that you were not sure, and you are in the know, what chance is there of the truth of what happened on Saturday coming out

I will get all the relevant info tonight and inform people.

Erm, from whom will you be obtaining the 'relevant info' ?

My very reliable source. The same person who informed me of the sacking within a short while of it happening.

I have a very able bunch of spies who pass on a ton of info -- a lot that cannot be divulged for legal reasons.

You don't think the Zone has been number 1 for years without our contacts, surely ?

Just spoken to my source and, unfortunately, they are unable to meet me tonight.

Evidently the secret greeting code "The grass is greener" will no longer be used by my spies.

Or you could try ' the green green grass of home' sung by your good self.

Of course, your source would only be providing one side of the story though Ken, I still think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Wind your neck in....nobody knows the details,end of,fact.

No thank you, I like my neck just the way it is . And you are right, no one knows the facts WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY IT IS NOT A FUNNY SUBJECT ! And even if we did know the facts, I still sont see wjhy someone losing their job is amusing . Thankfully I dont think the same way as you do.

Of course, your source would only be providing one side of the story though Ken, I still think there is more to this than meets the eye.
There flaming well needs to be. If you take a look at a certain Mr Ranger's CV, and Ron is still prepared to back him. Either that or this football club will be accused (and rightly so), of stinking of hypocrisy.

Back