• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues keen on signing Charlton striker Ajose

Fair point 'Jim', but for the moment, just can't see him starting ahead of Fortune and Cox, so having a goal threat from wide, drifting into the box, would be better than having him on the bench, I think.

From that video, you're right, there's a fair few poachers goals in there, but also a number where he breaks quickly and finishes well on the run.

I always believe you should play to people strengths and Ajose's definitely appears to be down the middle. In my opinion I think he can work well with Cox up top. Cox has a great eye for a pass and if Ajose gets into the knack of getting on the end of his passes then it could be a fruitful partnership. I agree with you that we need a winger to replace Macca whilst he's out as I don't think McGlash and Hines are quite up to it but if we need someone to play there we should sign a winger not a striker..

If he comes in I agree he would not kick out Fortune out the starting 11, rightfully so too, MAF has been an inspired signing but we do need the numbers up there can't get away from the fact MAF is ageing and as impressed I am about the condition he is in he still look shattered at Swindon away and we have little back up... If we want to give play-offs a real go we need strong reinforcements

Some quotes from Charlton fans after our game on NYE:

[FONT=&quot]"Ajose pointless on the wing"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Ajose is nicking a living"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"When will Robinson learn that Ajose has no hunger to chase anything, fight for anything or even keep the ball. He is an irrelevance on the pitch."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Everybody was a decent average except dear old Morgan and Ajose who I thought were poor."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"No idea why Ajose is playing out wide, as he's hopeless in that position."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Ajose's only quality is (possibly) scoring goals, if we aren't going to play him through the middle then we just shouldn't play him."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Game changed after Ajose went off. He was useless. I've never seen a player put in less effort."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"As soon as Ajose went off, we seemed a different proposition. He just skulks around thinking he's Charlie big potatoes. Admittedly We don't give him a great deal of service, but f@ck me, he's just not interested."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Ajose played out of position, why? He is not a winger."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I've had my doubts about Ajose since I saw him at Walsall early season, where he actually scored a couple of tap ins and now that Robinson favours a 4-2-3-1 formation he is being used out wide. To be fair he worked hard at Bradford in this role but it is alien to him and the poaching attributes for which he was signed are not being used. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He's mainly a goal hanger who struggles to hold up play so is no good up top on his own. Sad to say but I think his days are numbered under KR."

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Is this the player we've put a bid in for? I thought it was a Championship player we've bided on! If this is another striker we're after, we're going to be very top heavy in the striker department.

What was the actual injury to Mooney? Is he recovered, near/training ? If not I can't see up shipping him out to someone injured

[FONT="]"Ajose pointless on the wing"

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Ajose is nicking a living"

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"When will Robinson learn that Ajose has no hunger to chase anything, fight for anything or even keep the ball. He is an irrelevance on the pitch."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Everybody was a decent average except dear old Morgan and Ajose who I thought were poor."
[/FONT]
[FONT="]

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Ajose's only quality is (possibly) scoring goals, if we aren't going to play him through the middle then we just shouldn't play him."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Game changed after Ajose went off. He was useless. I've never seen a player put in less effort."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"As soon as Ajose went off, we seemed a different proposition. He just skulks around thinking he's Charlie big potatoes. Admittedly We don't give him a great deal of service, but f@ck me, he's just not interested."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Ajose played out of position, why? He is not a winger."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"I've had my doubts about Ajose since I saw him at Walsall early season, where he actually scored a couple of tap ins and now that Robinson favours a 4-2-3-1 formation he is being used out wide. To be fair he worked hard at Bradford in this role but it is alien to him and the poaching attributes for which he was signed are not being used. [/FONT]
[FONT="]He's mainly a goal hanger who struggles to hold up play so is no good up top on his own. Sad to say but I think his days are numbered under KR."

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]
[/FONT]

You spend nearly as much time on the Charlton board as you do SZ

He will be a good signing for us & we forget about Frank Nouble too :facepalm:we are light on wings & up front, so why not get more in to make us stronger for the play off push.

If we had signed him pre-season, people would have been wetting their pants with excitement. Maybe Charlton just isn't the right club for him - I'd welcome a player with his obvious ability.

Stick Cox out RM and then see his stats this season. The blokes a clinical ST, how can people complain?

I always believe you should play to people strengths and Ajose's definitely appears to be down the middle. In my opinion I think he can work well with Cox up top. Cox has a great eye for a pass and if Ajose gets into the knack of getting on the end of his passes then it could be a fruitful partnership. I agree with you that we need a winger to replace Macca whilst he's out as I don't think McGlash and Hines are quite up to it but if we need someone to play there we should sign a winger not a striker..

If he comes in I agree he would not kick out Fortune out the starting 11, rightfully so too, MAF has been an inspired signing but we do need the numbers up there can't get away from the fact MAF is ageing and as impressed I am about the condition he is in he still look shattered at Swindon away and we have little back up... If we want to give play-offs a real go we need strong reinforcements

I make you right 'Jim' and 'OBL's' Charlton link, above, seems to suggest they do, as well.

Having watched those goals back, I think playing him with Cox could work, but with MAF in good form and able to hold the play up well, then Ajose might have to content himself with being an impact sub to start with and then step in if either are injured.

I hadn't realized how poor he was rated as a wide player at Charlton. It would be interesting to see how he fared for a game or two in Macca's position, but ultimately if he can hit the back of the net regularly, then you're right in playing him in his best position.

Could be an interesting few weeks, as players fight for their places.

[FONT="]"Ajose pointless on the wing"

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Ajose is nicking a living"

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"When will Robinson learn that Ajose has no hunger to chase anything, fight for anything or even keep the ball. He is an irrelevance on the pitch."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Everybody was a decent average except dear old Morgan and Ajose who I thought were poor."
[/FONT]
[FONT="]

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Ajose's only quality is (possibly) scoring goals, if we aren't going to play him through the middle then we just shouldn't play him."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Game changed after Ajose went off. He was useless. I've never seen a player put in less effort."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"As soon as Ajose went off, we seemed a different proposition. He just skulks around thinking he's Charlie big potatoes. Admittedly We don't give him a great deal of service, but f@ck me, he's just not interested."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Ajose played out of position, why? He is not a winger."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"I've had my doubts about Ajose since I saw him at Walsall early season, where he actually scored a couple of tap ins and now that Robinson favours a 4-2-3-1 formation he is being used out wide. To be fair he worked hard at Bradford in this role but it is alien to him and the poaching attributes for which he was signed are not being used. [/FONT]
[FONT="]He's mainly a goal hanger who struggles to hold up play so is no good up top on his own. Sad to say but I think his days are numbered under KR."

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]
[/FONT]

According to Shrimperzone Gary Hooper was **** and lazy.

"Ajose pointless on the wing"

"Ajose is nicking a living"

"When will Robinson learn that Ajose has no hunger to chase anything, fight for anything or even keep the ball. He is an irrelevance on the pitch."

"Everybody was a decent average except dear old Morgan and Ajose who I thought were poor."

"Ajose's only quality is (possibly) scoring goals, if we aren't going to play him through the middle then we just shouldn't play him."

"Game changed after Ajose went off. He was useless. I've never seen a player put in less effort."

"As soon as Ajose went off, we seemed a different proposition. He just skulks around thinking he's Charlie big potatoes. Admittedly We don't give him a great deal of service, but f@ck me, he's just not interested."

"Ajose played out of position, why? He is not a winger."

"I've had my doubts about Ajose since I saw him at Walsall early season, where he actually scored a couple of tap ins and now that Robinson favours a 4-2-3-1 formation he is being used out wide. To be fair he worked hard at Bradford in this role but it is alien to him and the poaching attributes for which he was signed are not being used. He's mainly a goal hanger who struggles to hold up play so is no good up top on his own. Sad to say but I think his days are numbered under KR."

'Charlie BIG POTATOES' LOL!!!

I make you right 'Jim' and 'OBL's' Charlton link, above, seems to suggest they do, as well.

Having watched those goals back, I think playing him with Cox could work, but with MAF in good form and able to hold the play up well, then Ajose might have to content himself with being an impact sub to start with and then step in if either are injured.

I hadn't realized how poor he was rated as a wide player at Charlton. It would be interesting to see how he fared for a game or two in Macca's position, but ultimately if he can hit the back of the net regularly, then you're right in playing him in his best position.

Could be an interesting few weeks, as players fight for their places.

More interesting is our budget on wages must be at its limits, or smashed... ignoring what he spends the Bently/Payne money on.

Would be a great signing. 6 in 17 (4) in the league isn't terrible.

Back