• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

With regard to his 'Great Wall'. Here's why I don't think it'll ever get built.

1. The ecological and environmental impact and the ensuing years of obstructing legal arguments and appeals as they go through state to national level.
  2. In certain places along it 2000 mile length, especially in Texas, it's virtually impossible to physically build it.
  3. The months and months of legal arguments and lawsuits brought by Native Americans.
  4. The financial cost of aprox $15 to $20 billion.
  5. He knows it'll never happen and all the shouting is for political effect, nothing more.
  6. The legal time frame required to compulsory purchase areas of land already in private ownership.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sta...-won-easy-build-texas/nETzFp1Re8H3xpDllXiu4N/

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-wall-impossible-build-architects-2017-1

Hmmmmm the left media are crying into their champagne glasses as they squeal over Trump's latest offering...For my money Trump has done nothing wrong apart from putting his country first.

The BBC of course managed to interview a sobbing chap because his brother was refused entry into the US.....the Beeb are a vile organisation with their biased and unbalanced view.

Hmmmmm the left media are crying into their champagne glasses as they squeal over Trump's latest offering...For my money Trump has done nothing wrong apart from putting his country first.

The BBC of course managed to interview a sobbing chap because his brother was refused entry into the US.....the Beeb are a vile organisation with their biased and unbalanced view.

Sky interviewed the same person. So they must be as vile, biased and unbalanced. Who can you trust eh?

Sky interviewed the same person. So they must be as vile, biased and unbalanced. Who can you trust eh?

Ahhh Sky...don't you love the way they have 50 adverts each day begging for donations !

Sky are as bad as the Beeb for an unbalanced view.

The interesting part is both Sky and BBC are wetting their pants over Trump...yet they both offer little when the UK constantly sell arms to Saudi...you know the country who love torture and death.

The country that's not on the US of A stop list you mean. I wonder who else sells a shed load of arms to them. But then, I'm not against UK arms dealing.

It's not just the actual executive order, it's the speed and incompetency with which it has been enacted. Imagine not consulting with the relevant agencies and government departments on the practicalities and logistics of such a complicated act before passing it through, and then expecting it to be enforced without hiccup or complaint. There's just so many grey areas that haven't been considered and it's just so ridiculously chaotic that it's completely inconsistent with the order's aim.

May's refusal to condemn this is also an abhorrent abdication of power and one the opposition should be pouring over this week. All this ******** about "not agreeing" with it but will only "make representations if it affects Britons" is a cop out. It already stands to affect Britons.

It's not just the actual executive order, it's the speed and incompetency with which it has been enacted. Imagine not consulting with the relevant agencies and government departments on the practicalities and logistics of such a complicated act before passing it through, and then expecting it to be enforced without hiccup or complaint. There's just so many grey areas that haven't been considered and it's just so ridiculously chaotic that it's completely inconsistent with the order's aim.

May's refusal to condemn this is also an abhorrent abdication of power and one the opposition should be pouring over this week. All this ******** about "not agreeing" with it but will only "make representations if it affects Britons" is a cop out. It already stands to affect Britons.

The US knew this order was coming,after all half of the population backed Trump and therefore back his policies.

May was caught in the crossfire,she realised any comment she made was a loser either way.

The country that's not on the US of A stop list you mean. I wonder who else sells a shed load of arms to them. But then, I'm not against UK arms dealing.

Nor me..the UK can sell arms to whoever...money money money.

But..the media need to keep things in perspective instead of screaming racist in the direction of Trump.

Quite a useful terrifying summary of all of his actions in his first week here
[video]https://www.facebook.com/TheProjectTV/videos/10154292750113441/[/video]

It's backfireing already. There is a story on the BBC site of a woman from Glasgow refused boardind in Costa Rico because her connecting flight home is through New York. Her passport is Iranian. How exactly is she ment to be a threat when she wont even be able to leave the airport in New York?

This sort of thing is going to cause more harm than good.

The US knew this order was coming,after all half of the population backed Trump and therefore back his policies.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

"Administration officials weren't immediately sure which countries' citizens would be barred from entering the United States. The Department of Homeland Security was left making a legal analysis on the order after Trump signed it."

"It wasn't until Friday -- the day Trump signed the order banning travel from seven Muslim-majority countries for 90 days and suspending all refugee admission for 120 days -- that career homeland security staff were allowed to see the final details of the order"

"Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Department of Homeland Security leadership saw the final details shortly before the order was finalized, government officials said."

"Friday night, DHS arrived at the legal interpretation that the executive order restrictions applying to seven countries -- Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan and Yemen -- did not apply to people who with lawful permanent residence, generally referred to as green card holders. The White House overruled that guidance overnight"

"A source said the executive order did not follow the standard agency review process that's typically overseen by the National Security Council"

"Separately, a person familiar with the matter said career officials in charge of enforcing the executive order were not fully briefed on the specifics until Friday."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

"Administration officials weren't immediately sure which countries' citizens would be barred from entering the United States. The Department of Homeland Security was left making a legal analysis on the order after Trump signed it."

"It wasn't until Friday -- the day Trump signed the order banning travel from seven Muslim-majority countries for 90 days and suspending all refugee admission for 120 days -- that career homeland security staff were allowed to see the final details of the order"

"Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Department of Homeland Security leadership saw the final details shortly before the order was finalized, government officials said."

"Friday night, DHS arrived at the legal interpretation that the executive order restrictions applying to seven countries -- Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan and Yemen -- did not apply to people who with lawful permanent residence, generally referred to as green card holders. The White House overruled that guidance overnight"

"A source said the executive order did not follow the standard agency review process that's typically overseen by the National Security Council"

"Separately, a person familiar with the matter said career officials in charge of enforcing the executive order were not fully briefed on the specifics until Friday."

It is what it is.....it won't effect me or my family do frankly I don't give a toss,I doubt it will effect you ,so why do you give a toss?

Trump has radicalized a whole load of folks due to his idiotic actions. He's an absolute moron and made the US less safe for it's citizens in one week. He has to be reigned in or I can see it seriously kicking off in the US.

And May is spineless and should be utterly ashamed.

It is what it is.....it won't effect me or my family do frankly I don't give a toss,I doubt it will effect you ,so why do you give a toss?

I know it's a bit of a cheap argument but the same could have been said of the Nazis 'I'm not Jewish, why should I care?'

Trump isn't even targeting the right countries, 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and Saudi has very strong links to ISIS, notably Saudi Arabia is not on the ban list. In fact Trump has business interests in 6 Muslim countries, oddly enough none of them are on the ban list. Meanwhile Trump has no business links with any country on his ban list. This seems more like a 'I'll look like I'm fighting terrorism, but not if it will cost me money'.

Worse still not a single extremist that has attacked America in the past couple of decades has come from any of the countries on the ban list, for a ban that is supposed to stop terrorists coming into the country he's done an atrocious job of identifying which are the biggest threats.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/28/51199...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170128

Back