• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

This may be true Donald, but maybe stick to comments about your own nation eh?

This decision has come about for one reason and one reason only. Lobbying and the threat of the withdrawal of financial campaign support of those republicans in the Georgia State Senate and House of Representatives.

The Dollar reigns supreme in the US when it comes to personal political survival and progress within in the US political arena and the NRA are in the top 5 when it comes to personal and corporate financial donations (bribes) to further their agenda.

We talk at length on here about our politicians all being self serving, ego pumping power hungry individuals but believe me the US political system is rotten to the core. At county, state and federal level the amount of personal and corporate political corruption is staggering and is more or less accepted as the norm now with very little judicial oversight and where that judicial oversight does exist that too comes under incredible pressure from various powerful lobbying groups with vested interests in the status quo being maintained.

With regard to Trump and his ever changing stance on gun control. He will say whatever he needs to say at any given time if he feels it will paint him in a positive light and buy him some time for the bad news story to fade away and become tomorrows news. It's as simple as that.

The horse has well and truly bolted and the ban on bump stocks, stricter background checks and the raising the minimum age of gun ownership (in some states) will do nothing to stop school/collage shootings from happening. What's the answer then you ask? There isn't one. The reasons behind the 'murder caused by shooting' epidemic in the US go far, far deeper that just gun ownership and who's got access to them, but that's perhaps a debate for another time.

Nope, it’s lack of sympathy with a country and political establishment that encourages such violence through unfettered gun control, NOT towards the innocent victims who have sadly lost their lives through the non-action of the arrogant idiots of which Trump and the head of the NRA are prime examples.

Yeah 17 dead, innocent kids. **** them, eh?

You said **** them, not me. If a country refuses to change a 300 year law then nothing will change, innocent people will still die and every single voice against changing the gun law will fall silent within a couple of weeks.

That's why I'm out of sympathy so **** you.

Why didn't Obama do something about the gun laws in the two terms he held as president and come to think of it, Why didn't Clinton?
Doesn't add up blaming Trump for something that's been happening long before he became president - but if it makes some of you feel better I suppose...

Why didn't Obama do something about the gun laws in the two terms he held as president and come to think of it, Why didn't Clinton?
Doesn't add up blaming Trump for something that's been happening long before he became president - but if it makes some of you feel better I suppose...

For 6 years out of his 8 in office, the republicans controlled the house (and 2 of those years they also controlled the senate). Over 100 proposals for gun control legislation didn't even make it to the floor of the house during that time. Even genuine bipartisan proposals such as the one for background checks didn't make it through the senate.

I don't think the failure of the Obama presidency to tighten gun controls is due to a lack of desire or effort. They just never had enough control or leverage to push it through, and they focused a significant amount of time and effort on ACA

For 6 years out of his 8 in office, the republicans controlled the house (and 2 of those years they also controlled the senate). Over 100 proposals for gun control legislation didn't even make it to the floor of the house during that time. Even genuine bipartisan proposals such as the one for background checks didn't make it through the senate.

I don't think the failure of the Obama presidency to tighten gun controls is due to a lack of desire or effort. They just never had enough control or leverage to push it through, and they focused a significant amount of time and effort on ACA

Pesky democracy - gets in the way every time.

Look on the bright side, nutters will have to wait three days to get hold of firearms, if it gets through congress.

I don't recall mass killings using cannabis. Can you?

If you really think that guns have caused more death and misery than drugs, then I think you're mistaken to the point of delusion. My point is that banning something doesn't stop it. Most gun crime in the US, and virtually all gun crime in the UK is committed using illegal firearms. Stopping Johnny Yank from buying a shotgun at Walmart isn't stopping Tyrone from busting a cap in someone's punk *** in Chicago.

I'm confused, are you saying assault rifles should be banned, or heroin legalised?

Neither. As I explained in my reply to RobM, I am suggesting that government prohibition is a very ineffective means in curtailing usage. The Americans learned this in the 1920s. The US government cannot (or will not) enforce its own immigration law, what makes you think they will enforce this one?

I'm not comparing the misery of drugs v. guns. Drug deaths are self-inflicted. Murder is not.

In a perfect world, neither would exist.

I'm not comparing the misery of drugs v. guns. Drug deaths are self-inflicted. Murder is not.

In a perfect world, neither would exist.

I don't believe that most shootings of street level dealers in the United States are self inflicted. Legalizing drugs would have more of a positive effect on gun crime in the US than an 'assault weapons' ban. I'm still not in favour of it, but I think it's an inarguable fact.

Terry Camden is presumably, a former banned poster under a different name? :unsure:

Back