• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

Yep, I know you have a copy mate, but your Soviet reading suggestion prompted me to offer a viable alternative which might appeal to a broader readership on SZ. Good shout by the club on the Grenfell fund btw.

Just want to correct the impression you give that the book I recommended is in any way pro Soviet.It isn't.In fact Svetlana's Alexievich's The Unwomanly Face of War is an informal history of various womens' roles in WW2,which although written in 1983,Alexievich was not initially allowed to publish.because it went against the official history of the war.With the dawn of Perestroika a heavily censored edition came out in 1985 and it became a huge bestseller in the Soviet Union.It consists of a number of edited interviews with women who volunteered for the front as nurses,doctors,snipers,sappers etc or joined the partizans.As I said,it's a wonderful read.

How is asking about fake news on this thread in any way a personal dig

Just want to correct the impression you give that the book I recommended is in any way pro Soviet.It isn't.In fact Svetlana's Alexievich's The Unwomanly Face of War is an informal history of various womens' roles in WW2,which although written in 1983,Alexievich was not initially allowed to publish.because it went against the official history of the war.With the dawn of Perestroika a heavily censored edition came out in 1985 and it became a huge bestseller in the Soviet Union.It consists of a number of edited interviews with women who volunteered for the front as nurses,doctors,snipers,sappers etc or joined the partizans.As I said,it's a wonderful read.

There is no conceivable way that anyone would get the impression from my post that the book was pro-soviet. You've just used that as an excuse to offer up more details about it you tinker. Anyway, as Uncle Leo said earlier, this thread is about Donald J trump, not WW2. We're both off topic and both of us should know better. Anymore from you on the subject and there will be consequences.:winking:

There is no conceivable way that anyone would get the impression from my post that the book was pro-soviet. You've just used that as an excuse to offer up more details about it you tinker. Anyway, as Uncle Leo said earlier, this thread is about Donald J trump, not WW2. We're both off topic and both of us should know better. Anymore from you on the subject and there will be consequences.:winking:

Send him to the Gulag. I hear they have an interesting section on Soviet history in the library.

The 'fake news' tweet was a joke. Whether it was funny or not lies with the reader but that's the long and the short of it.

And I fell for it like the sucker I am.

I checked this one though, Washington Post should be reasonably reliable, Steve Bannon has been given the bullet.

A job in the White House is a poison chalice for the next couple of years.

With Trump defending White Supremecists and Neo-Nazis, Bannon must be thinking....job done.

Saw this and thought it was quite apt.

39a8f0ddd6.jpg

Even by Trump's standards this is extremely stupid, Trump's die hard fans take Breitbart's word as gospel, now that Bannon's been kicked out Breitbart could easily take offense on what happened to their former head and start taking a more anti-Trump narrative saying that Trump has betrayed the people who elected him or whatever, if Breitbart turn on him his fans might start questioning if he actually knows what he's doing.

Some American footballers kneel during the national anthem in a dignified protest, and President Trump wants them fired and calls them SOBs. What a petulant bully this man is.

If he was a 'real' president, he'd be trying to fix the problems that caused these athletes to take this stand in the first place.

In January, this was tweeted by Donald Trump 'peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.'

Trump might want to brush up on the constitution of the USA, in particular the first amendment.

Some American footballers kneel during the national anthem in a dignified protest, and President Trump wants them fired and calls them SOBs. What a petulant bully this man is.

If he was a 'real' president, he'd be trying to fix the problems that caused these athletes to take this stand in the first place.

In January, this was tweeted by Donald Trump 'peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.'

Trump might want to brush up on the constitution of the USA, in particular the first amendment.

Which was a couple of days after accusing people of being paid protestors when they demonstrated after he was inaugurated.

The man has no temperament to be in office, every day there's new absurdity. Its entertaining if nothing else, until he gets them and us into a war.

So a US soldier serving in Niger dies and Trump tells his widow that "he knew what he was signing up for".

What an appalling **** that man really is.

So a US soldier serving in Niger dies and Trump tells his widow that "he knew what he was signing up for".

What an appalling **** that man really is.

pretty good twitter thread here:

Back