• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Fleetwood Town 1-1 Southend United

For a minute, I thought you meant paying match subs to the manager, like your traditional Sunday League game ? :winking:
"Will, do you need a fiver to pay Phil the manager ?"

I know things are tight at the club, but jeez !! :blush:

Quality! :smile:

Wasn't a great game in all honesty and Fleetwood must of had a bad day at the office as they were awful in spells. I'll give them credit for trying to play decent football but their passing was well off at times.

We didn't play brilliantly either IMO but I thought we were worth the 3 points and that was summed up as I was leaving the ground overhearing 2 Fleetwood fans saying 1-1 was a great result for them.

Shout outs to Thompson, White and MAF. I was worried when I saw no Ferdinand in the line-up but what a performance from White, looked like he'd been playing CB for years. Their frontline helped I think as they weren't physically strong and were quite small but he still dealt with everything both in the air and on the floor.

A standard performance from Thompson now which is what we've come to expect from him recently.

MAF just edges MOTM for me as he just gives us such a great out ball and his movement into space behind the oppositions defence creates some great opportunities for us. Shame he tired as he was having a great game.

Another special shout out to Hines who I can only assume thought he was better than everyone else which was why he just strolled about the pitch. It's players like that which will cost us games. Nouble didn't exactly set the world alight but at least he put a shift in. Glad McGlashen's back next Saturday.

I believe the exact figure was 266.

pretty good considering there were only 2,675 fans in total. Therefore only 2,409 Fleetwood home fans for a top of the table clash... Lucky they have a rich chairman as they'd never survive on gates that small

Rosler's summary ;

“It was not about good play or good tactics;.“It was how we played in the second half when we were clearly not physically at our best against a team who in the last two weeks have had no game, how we came back, and in the end, we had three, four big chances to win the game.“That point was for me the most satisfying point of the season.“From the block of three games we knew the last one against Southend – especially seeing them having no games and coming on the back of 13 games unbeaten – was going to be the difficult game. “All credit to (Southend boss) Phil Brown. They did a really good job on us.“The first half they dominated us physically, with their tactics – the diamond – we could not get on the ball, we could not play and we looked second best all over the pitch.“It was not about one or two players but collectively we looked second best.“Second half I said we need to stay in the game and keep it at 1-0 and in the end our fitness will take over.“With the substitutions and the general fitness we had in the last 20-30 minutes we really pushed them to the wire. “We deservedly got a point when you saw the second half and, the momentum we had, we could have won it.“But credit to Southend; they did a good job on us and a draw was a fair result.”

That's rather what I thought.

While it's true that there's little difference in modern day useage between disinterested and uninterested, there's a useful distinction between the two which is worth preserving,IMO.The classic distinction is, that a judge should be disinterested ie impartial and not take sides but if he's uninterested he might doze off,because this would mean he's bored by the preceedings.

So it would appear that Hines was uninterested,which was pretty much how it looked from BP's 10 minute match highlights.

Btw,really can't remember if I was top of the class in English or not (at Earls Hall Primary School) but I'm sure you'll remember, (I certainly do), that my English compositions were fairly regularly read out in class.

For the record, from what I saw, Hines was both disinterested and uninterested.

He was disinterested because he did not appear to give a **** who won and therefore appeared impartial.

He was uninterested because, before Woody shouted at him, he gave the impression that he was bored with the proceedings and might doze off.

Re Earls Hall, my recollection is that you were very close to top of the class and it is certainly very fair to say that we all enjoyed listening to your compositions being read out but I hereby call on the memory of Grumpy Blue as the final arbiter in this regard.......................but not in regard of Hines because, as far as I am aware, Grumpy Blue wasn't at the Highbury Stadium on Saturday nor at the Keepmoat for the Leon Clarke performance in question and is therefore not qualified to judge whether Hines was disinterested or uninterested or indeed both or neither or whether he was more or less dis/uninterested than Leon.

Hope that clarifies.

According to the Daily Mirror, Fortune got our goal, not Wordsworth.
To be fair, they do look similar at a distance...of about 12 miles!

I couldn't follow the game that well Saturday, what minute did Hines come on? You would expect given the competition for places he wouldn't stop running for the entire game? Cannot stand a player with poor attitude, especially when the question marks over his ability are there!

Rosler's summary ;

“From the block of three games we knew the last one against Southend – especially seeing them having no games and coming on the back of 13 games unbeaten – was going to be the difficult game”

Not the Sheffield United away game, then! :smile::cool:

Last edited:
I couldn't follow the game that well Saturday, what minute did Hines come on? You would expect given the competition for places he wouldn't stop running for the entire game? Cannot stand a player with poor attitude, especially when the question marks over his ability are there!

I asked about and looked into what was the view on Hines and Frank... both the same, think they are better than they are...hence the Hines tweet that got deleted......

For the record, from what I saw, Hines was both disinterested and uninterested.

He was disinterested because he did not appear to give a **** who won and therefore appeared impartial.

He was uninterested because, before Woody shouted at him, he gave the impression that he was bored with the proceedings and might doze off.

Re Earls Hall, my recollection is that you were very close to top of the class and it is certainly very fair to say that we all enjoyed listening to your compositions being read out but I hereby call on the memory of Grumpy Blue as the final arbiter in this regard.......................but not in regard of Hines because, as far as I am aware, Grumpy Blue wasn't at the Highbury Stadium on Saturday nor at the Keepmoat for the Leon Clarke performance in question and is therefore not qualified to judge whether Hines was disinterested or uninterested or indeed both or neither or whether he was more or less dis/uninterested than Leon.

Hope that clarifies.

Sorry chaps can`t remember much about English at Earls Hall as I was probably disinterested :winking: - so I think a score draw!

Yet to see Hines play so can`t comment on him.

Clarke I saw a few times (but not the game you mentioned) - always looked like scoring in the games I saw

Sorry, you are totally wrong there-his ability is unquestionable.

Sorry, you are totally wrong there-his ability is unquestionable.

Any thoughts on his attitude? I've only seen him for a short time against Rochdale and he appeared to be giving it some then.

Sorry chaps can`t remember much about English at Earls Hall as I was probably disinterested :winking: - so I think a score draw!

Yet to see Hines play so can`t comment on him.

Clarke I saw a few times (but not the game you mentioned) - always looked like scoring in the games I saw

Think you mean uninterested old chap.:winking:

Agree with you about Leon Clarke,btw.Always looked useful to me.

Back