• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah, it's the same one

OK great. Enjoyed it.

Like a sort of surreal 1970's home made cine film, complete with barely audible sound. That said, whoever filmed it got all the action, so hats off to them!

One thing you do notice from that is the work Lenny does. If you re-watch the first goal (from about 4:30 in), it starts with a Ben Coker average cross which is cleared and Scunthorpe have a break on, but Lenny sprints back to cover and it's from there that the move develops down the left. A slower or less aware version of Lenny and we wouldn't have scored that goal and may easily have conceded a second on the break from that move.

Cheers 'RHB'. I'm on IE11, as well.

I thought it was because I had 'safesearch' on, but removing it didn't make any of difference.

I think I've seen it, now, if it's the link I posted, above. Just watched it through 'chrome'.

So the big question. Why isn't it watchable through IE11? Any ideas technology experts?

Yeah, thanks for that.

He has a point. IE is old hat now, not everything plays on there for some reason. I moved onto Firefox and Chrome after much online research. Tried Firefox for 6 months then Chrome. Decided that Google Chrome is the best for me. Easy download and no problems for the past few years.

He has a point. IE is old hat now, not everything plays on there for some reason. I moved onto Firefox and Chrome after much online research. Tried Firefox for 6 months then Chrome. Decided that Google Chrome is the best for me. Easy download and no problems for the past few years.

Yeah, I understand that, but the black screen has only very recently happened on here. Previously it was working ok. If it's stopped there must be a reason.

Yeah, I understand that, but the black screen has only very recently happened on here. Previously it was working ok. If it's stopped there must be a reason.

Indeed.

Could you open and play the link I posted a couple of posts below SNB's video?

I couldn't see anything flash driven. I've just done a partial system restore where I went back two checkpoints. It's fixed the problem which suggests something in the last two Windows 10 updates nobbled it. I'll see what it's like after I've done the two updates again. Windows 10................Argghhhh!

I'm wondering if it's to do with imbedded links, hence I wanted to check if my 'youtube' tag on post #116 worked?

There's a couple recently on the 'old photos' thread that also have a black screen and I additionally have issues playing some media stuff imbedded on twitter.

I've applied the W10 updates and everything still works ok. I can't be arsed to do any more digging. Your link back to youtube worked by the way Andy, before the black screen thing.

OK thanks 'RHB'.

Definitely an imbedded video issue. Funny how other videos posted work, though.

One of the best footballing displays I've seen from a Southend team in recent years. We dominated them from start to finish, although they didn't look like they were top of the league and that's not me doing the boys a disservice.

Got to get some of the players who only have a year left on longer contracts, even if it means paying a few quid more. Wordsworth, Thompson, Ferdinand, Leonard (although he does have a clause for an extra year) are essential to our success IMO.

MOTM was Leonard for me, what a player and what a performance. Covers so much ground.

Back