• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Ham

I saw on BBC London evening news on Friday night, that Mayor Sadiq Khan has taken over control of their stadium, due to the annual £20 million loss its making at the expense of the tax payer.

There's a brief article about it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42194382

It's a disgrace. The b*ggers should be paying a much more realistic rental for use of the stadium not the paltry £2-2.5m per season as now, not as though they can't afford it more so now after the vast increase in tv monies.

The whole scenario around their new ground stinks.

However if the move continues to lead to a negative atmosphere at home games and significantly contributes to them being relegated then as a taxpayer I'm happy to p(l)ay my part :happy: :happy:

Agreed, that stadium deal was as bent as a 5 bob note.

Talking of the stadium, I also heard on the radio a while back that West Ham will most likely never have a home match fixture on Boxing Day, as Stratford station and the surrounding area won't be able to cope with the combined affect of fans attending the game and shoppers flooding into Westfield Shopping Centre for the post Christmas sales.

Agreed, that stadium deal was as bent as a 5 bob note.

Talking of the stadium, I also heard on the radio a while back that West Ham will most likely never have a home match fixture on Boxing Day, as Stratford station and the surrounding area won't be able to cope with the combined affect of fans attending the game and shoppers flooding into Westfield Shopping Centre for the post Christmas sales.

I'm sure that will soon change when the Boxing Day home fixture is against Shrewsbury :hilarious::hilarious: :thumbsup:

My manager at work has bought season tickets for himself, his wife and two kids. Every bloomin' week he spends hours sorting out who is going to use these "extra" tickets as invariably the wife and kids don't, and sorting out upgrades (£65 last week for Chelsea!!! :stunned:) then making travel arrangement. It's repeated ad infinitum during the week, takes up loads of time and it is driving myself and one of my colleagues (a female Spurs supporter) mad!!! :angry:

My manager at work has bought season tickets for himself, his wife and two kids. Every bloomin' week he spends hours sorting out who is going to use these "extra" tickets as invariably the wife and kids don't, and sorting out upgrades (£65 last week for Chelsea!!! :stunned:) then making travel arrangement. It's repeated ad infinitum during the week, takes up loads of time and it is driving myself and one of my colleagues (a female Spurs supporter) mad!!! :angry:

I wouldn't worry. I doubt they'll charge upgrades to play Shrewsbury or Preston on a cold Tuesday night next season.

Just watched West Ham v. Arsenal.

Certainly the Hammers work-rate is up and they are organized at the back a lot better. Arnautovic looks a changed man, as well.

Think they'll be fine. Might bore the pants off the season ticket holders, though.

It pains me to say it, but I fear you might be right Andy.

A win against Chelsea at the weekend and a draw against Arsenal tonight, doesn't sound like "relegation fodder" right now.

Although I do (as ever) continue to live in hope.

It pains me to say it, but I fear you might be right Andy.

A win against Chelsea at the weekend and a draw against Arsenal tonight, doesn't sound like "relegation fodder" right now.

Although I do (as ever) continue to live in hope.

If you were certain Southend fans on here, you would hear a different views and defo relegation candidates if that was last two Southend results :smile:

UTS

Back