• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just seen the extended highlights on Blues Player. There isn't much action from the Oxford goalmouth! Two goals and one overhead kick...... and that's about it. Attack after attack by Oxford and chance after chance; although we may not have performed well it was quite a feat to maintain a clean sheet against so much pressure.

Fortune's goal is well worth seeing. He was heavily involved in the build-up, brushing Oxford players aside and then heading with a nonchalance that oozes class.

I agree 100% - well worth viewing the longer highlights of Fortuné's goal - superb move from start to finish. Other than that though, it was daylight robbery! (Not complaining though!)

I agree 100% - well worth viewing the longer highlights of Fortuné's goal - superb move from start to finish. Other than that though, it was daylight robbery! (Not complaining though!)

Looked more like floodlight robbery to me

Great result last night. More than made up for the defeat at Millwall. In fact it's all turned out better than I predicted. Thought we'd draw at Millwall and Oxford, so we've actually ended up with more points than expected. Tough game on Saturday against Northampton.

Reference the post above about daylight robbery, there was a quality tweet from Woody about the police calling at his house about a robbery in Oxford on Tuesday evening.........

First 30 was one of the worst we've played in ages, and when I say we, I mean the midfield. Aimless punts up field for the 2 strikers to chase, sloppy passing and second to every ball, something which is very rare for a PB team. The last 15 we started to settle a little bit and even forced their goalie into making a decent save from Cox.

I would say it was one of them where you wonder how we're not 2-0 down but it wasn't. Apart from Dimi getting skinned on numerous occasions, which I think was actually down to being used to Atkinson in front of him hence Timlin moving out there later on, our defence stood up well to them. Anton and Thommo are growing into one of the best CB pairings I've seen at SUFC.

Second half was a lot better. Moved the ball with a bit of confidence, stopped the aimless long punts and started to win second balls. In the end it was a bit of a smash and grab victory but take nothing away from this result. 2 very well worked goals which came from players not giving up when we could have crumbled and let them run all over us.

MOTM was Thompson again, might as well start to copy and paste this from each match report.

As a side note, I mentioned in the Fleetwood match reports when Hines came on that he looked lazy, disinterested and thought he was better than anyone on the pitch and that performances like that could potentially cost us games and points. When O'Neill came on for Cox on the right against Oxford he gave the exact type of performance you want from someone to see a game out. Full over energy, committed in the tackle, good in the air, great balance both defensively and going forward and even bagged an assist from a wicked corner. It's no surprise Hines hasn't been near the squad since IMO.

First 30 was one of the worst we've played in ages, and when I say we, I mean the midfield. Aimless punts up field for the 2 strikers to chase, sloppy passing and second to every ball, something which is very rare for a PB team. The last 15 we started to settle a little bit and even forced their goalie into making a decent save from Cox.

I would say it was one of them where you wonder how we're not 2-0 down but it wasn't. Apart from Dimi getting skinned on numerous occasions, which I think was actually down to being used to Atkinson in front of him hence Timlin moving out there later on, our defence stood up well to them. Anton and Thommo are growing into one of the best CB pairings I've seen at SUFC.

Second half was a lot better. Moved the ball with a bit of confidence, stopped the aimless long punts and started to win second balls. In the end it was a bit of a smash and grab victory but take nothing away from this result. 2 very well worked goals which came from players not giving up when we could have crumbled and let them run all over us.

MOTM was Thompson again, might as well start to copy and paste this from each match report.

As a side note, I mentioned in the Fleetwood match reports when Hines came on that he looked lazy, disinterested and thought he was better than anyone on the pitch and that performances like that could potentially cost us games and points. When O'Neill came on for Cox on the right against Oxford he gave the exact type of performance you want from someone to see a game out. Full over energy, committed in the tackle, good in the air, great balance both defensively and going forward and even bagged an assist from a wicked corner. It's no surprise Hines hasn't been near the squad since IMO.

Absolutely.

Extremely disinterested.

Back