• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we get 8000 plus its be fantastic

Our clubs come along way since Ron Martin been the owner I would say doubled our home support :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Am I right in thinking this is a "kids for a quid " game ? Should boost the attendance.
I

How many you bringing? Don't know why but Northampton never seem to bring many.

They never travel, not sure what it is about Northampton. Being bang slap in the middle of the country means they are spoilt for choice and our place probably seems like a mission.

I'd personally go with O'Neill. I think he's the best replacement for Will in terms of balancing the team. I remember when Worrall had to play both wings and I'm nit sure it really works. Glash hasn't yet shown enough besides pace so needs to be given the chance to make best use of that, which for me is late in the game

They never travel, not sure what it is about Northampton. Being bang slap in the middle of the country means they are spoilt for choice and our place probably seems like a mission.

The only time they came down with a huge following I can remember was when they were top of the league in 1986. They walked the league, and we finished 3rd with Dave Webb and Paul Clark as different managers that season. Richard Cadette was on fire with 31 goals, but didn't even win player of the season. That went to our goalie Jim Stannard.

He said after the Oxford game that he came alive when switched to the left wing. He said he much prefers it. Don't want him on the right wing if he's no good there.

If he plays down the left, that helps Coker and Demetriou.

Demi seems more comfortable, when he has someone better defensively in front of him.

Looking at where McGlash has impacted best, it's been from down the left (e.g. his goal against Sheffield United and his assists against Scunthorpe United and Millwall).

Didn't we play them in the play offs a while back?

I don't think they came close to filing it then either. We have filled their place out on more than one occasion.

Both of our full backs are very good going forward so no need to play with wingers. O'Neill is a similar player to Atkinson and so should take up his slot unless Amos is a busy type of player who realises that he has defensive duties.

I'd prefer O'Neill to McGl, I think, but believe PB will stay with McGl for this one and maybe O'Neill for Tuesday night.

Looking at where McGlash has impacted best, it's been from down the left (e.g. his goal against Sheffield United and his assists against Scunthorpe United and Millwall).

Oddly enough, the better sides in the division

Don't know why we never really travel well to Southend, odd one. Don't know if it will be different this season, we've averaged over 1,000 for our away games this year which is a bloody good effort. Perhaps we'll get to 700

Don't know why we never really travel well to Southend, odd one. Don't know if it will be different this season, we've averaged over 1,000 for our away games this year which is a bloody good effort. Perhaps we'll get to 700

Yeah it's not far really and road links are good.

There have been no figures released yet but I would imagine around 700 or so. Not sure why we dont travel to well to Southend as our away support to most places is pretty decent.

Thanks for the pub info all :thumbsup:

Welcome back 'cobblers' and 'ntfcfan'.

How is the club, these days, financially, after the debacle with Cardoza?

Yes it was. We also played them in a crazy end to end FA Cup game earlier that month which finished 4-4. A brilliant game to watch. A Cadette hat-trick and Red card Roy the scorers for us.

That game rates amongst one of the most exciting games I have ever seen at Roots Hall.

I have the high lights on video some where .

Any chance of posting them. I would love too see that Cadette hat-trick again.

That has to be in any ones top 3 matches every seen. Yes we have had better results but in terms of football I remember people literally buzzing as they left the ground.

Last edited:
Back