• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am new to the site, I am not a Southend United fan from Glasgow but Billy Best is my great uncle (my grans sister).
We are a close family and see Billy fairly often when he comes back up the road and while we obviously knew he played for Northampton and Southend we were not quite aware how much he was loved until the weekend and we seen the clip on Facebook and the comments below. Uncle Bill doesn't talk much about his career being the modest man that he is and due to it being so long ago there isn't much on the internet to look up, I though the best chance to get any info would be on a fans forum which brought me onto your site and this thread in particular. It's nice to hear the stories and to know that he is loved just as much outside of the family. I know it's a long shot but I take it there is no footage anywhere from back in the day?
Although a short I stated above I am not a fan I will defo be looking out for the results and hope you can at least get to the play offs. Iv been to a few games down in England whether it be following Rangers, following my cousin who also played down there or just to see a PL game but have never been to Roots Hall.. it's now next on the list.

Who decided to water the pitch just as The King walked on the pitch on Saturday .

I am new to the site, I am not a Southend United fan from Glasgow but Billy Best is my great uncle (my grans sister).
We are a close family and see Billy fairly often when he comes back up the road and while we obviously knew he played for Northampton and Southend we were not quite aware how much he was loved until the weekend and we seen the clip on Facebook and the comments below. Uncle Bill doesn't talk much about his career being the modest man that he is and due to it being so long ago there isn't much on the internet to look up, I though the best chance to get any info would be on a fans forum which brought me onto your site and this thread in particular. It's nice to hear the stories and to know that he is loved just as much outside of the family. I know it's a long shot but I take it there is no footage anywhere from back in the day?
Although a short I stated above I am not a fan I will defo be looking out for the results and hope you can at least get to the play offs. Iv been to a few games down in England whether it be following Rangers, following my cousin who also played down there or just to see a PL game but have never been to Roots Hall.. it's now next on the list.
Get the dvd,from this site...its called...the team we call United.
Billys on it a few times..only 2 pounds ,i think...the best 2 pounds you will spend

Get the dvd,from this site...its called...the team we call United.
Billys on it a few times..only 2 pounds ,i think...the best 2 pounds you will spend

Your uncle is a legend to anyone amongst the supporters of a certain age. As Ozzie rightly says the "Team we call United" DVD included Billy and costs just £2 from the Trust Shop
http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/shop.asp?catid=6

Back