• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

apart from against Rochdale of course

It was 10 v 10. It was a good example of how open both mid-fields ended up. If you remember the last 15 we played next goal wins and fortunately for us they missed 3 good chances before that wonderful Cox finish.

I think we have certainly ditched the 3 CB's formation as it requires full-backs who are comfortable with the system. Hendrie was very good when he was here.

O'Neil up at Rochdale looked completely lost and decided to hide out wide in no mans land for the second half (watch their 3rd goal). Coker likes to work his way up the pitch with several passes, where as with 5 at the back the Full back should sneak up the line on a brief raid and certainly not check in side on his weaker right foot.

Is Ferdinand definitely out?

I would be tempted to give MAF a rest and put Ranger in, he looked well up for it on Saturday.

Antony Grant and Forrester both suspended for them. Great news for us. Always find it hard to watch Granty play against us.

I suggested this line up for Northampton...saw nothing on Saturday so suggest it shouldn't still be this...might be a bit harsh on McGlashan!

Smith

Demetriou
Ferdinand
Thompson
Coker

O'Neil
Wordworth
Lenny
Timlin

MAF (could put Ranger here)
Cox

Having 4 good strikers (MAF, Ranger, Cox & Robinson) should not mean a formation change - 442 for me is a must, Cox must not play in midfield like the last 20 mins on Saturday

It was 10 v 10. It was a good example of how open both mid-fields ended up. If you remember the last 15 we played next goal wins and fortunately for us they missed 3 good chances before that wonderful Cox finish.

I think we have certainly ditched the 3 CB's formation as it requires full-backs who are comfortable with the system. Hendrie was very good when he was here.

O'Neil up at Rochdale looked completely lost and decided to hide out wide in no mans land for the second half (watch their 3rd goal). Coker likes to work his way up the pitch with several passes, where as with 5 at the back the Full back should sneak up the line on a brief raid and certainly not check in side on his weaker right foot.

If we did want to play with a back 3,the right hand side of that 3 is the(only*) position John White is very good in.He is not great going forwards and can struggle badly v a fast/tricky winger e.g. Wigan away last season.Against that,he has good positional sense,reads the game well and is decent in the air. Then Demetriou could play wing-back -probably his best position.

My Peterborough ticket is in Block B, so away fans get blocks A & B now. In the past we have been given just Block A.
Hopefully have about 500 there tomorrow.

Is anyone getting the train up from London after work for this one? I realised it's actually quite do-able after work especially as I work near Kings Cross. But the first off-peak train doesn't get to Peterborough til 7 20 which might be a bit tight?

Is anyone getting the train up from London after work for this one? I realised it's actually quite do-able after work especially as I work near Kings Cross. But the first off-peak train doesn't get to Peterborough til 7 20 which might be a bit tight?
I'm on the train, 3 o'clock out of KX and then should be back for around 11.

I am assuming that you can get tickets at the gate, i hope,
If not, in with the home.

Snr.

Peterborough fans have to be among the most delusional in football. They seem to think they have some God-given right to Championship football on home gates of 5,000.

Many on here wanted the manager sacked when we were on the verge of promotion from the league below. Many more would want him gone if we weren't pushing at the top end of this league. Peterborough fans are no different to our own.

Many on here wanted the manager sacked when we were on the verge of promotion from the league below. Many more would want him gone if we weren't pushing at the top end of this league. Peterborough fans are no different to our own.

The fact that we are competing with them for a playoff place shows how much they are underachieving. They have vastly bigger wage/transfer budgets than most in this division. Especially us.

I can understand their frustration. Would be nice to have a team who expects to challenge most seasons.

I think 5.37 and 5.43 from Kings Cross both qualify as off-peak (as they're slower trains) - £28 return.

Back