• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw Neil Harris in Chalkwell Park this morning as my sons's team were playing his daughter's team. We were 3-1 up at half time, so NH took their team talk. Ended 4-1 :smile:

IMG_4130.jpg

Despite being the Millwall manager, and the engineer of that fairly disastrous result the other week - I think it is only fair to remember that Neil is still a Shrimper!!

He still lives in the area, he supports us, he played for us, and he has now engineered a giant killing in the FA cup against the fairly poorly performing Leicester City, who just happen to be the Premiership Champions!!

Shame he manages Millwall, but despite that I think he has done a great job as a manager. Hats off to one of Southend's finest! :happy:

Getting some stick tonight on fan's forum:- "3/4 weeks ago we were looking at auto, now we will struggle to make the play offs, if we can't finish in the top 6 in this p!$$ poor league the club will have to look at Harris's position (as much as i hate to say it) "

We are lucky- we have a manger who has the t- shirt, experienced that at the highest level. Neil is learning and doing a very decent job imo. I think Milwall will probably make it at Scunthorpe's expense.. but no point having a young learning manager unless it's a long term commitment.

One of the fans' main complaints seems to be that they (Millwall) lack strength in depth - something maybe we could relate to back in those dark days of August/September.

Getting some stick tonight on fan's forum:- "3/4 weeks ago we were looking at auto, now we will struggle to make the play offs, if we can't finish in the top 6 in this p!$$ poor league the club will have to look at Harris's position (as much as i hate to say it) "

Can't really understand that view - but sadly, the "sack the manager, get another one in" approach has caught on throughout the leagues and is now the default position for many "fans" that can't think for themselves.

Besides the performance of Millwall in the F.A. Cup will have loaded up the club's finances for the following season ......... so why not let Neil Harris have another go next year?

It would be an attractive job if Harris was to go - anyone new coming in might well see the benefit of that money.

First league defeat in 16 matches, during which time they beat 3 Premiership clubs in the FA Cup and the fans talking about him getting the sack.

Welcome to the wonderful world of football management, Bomber !

The Cup Run could has probably given Millwall belief that they can beat anyone and thus their good run....until they get thumped 6-0 and suddenly realise they believed their own hype.
We shall see.

Fans of Millwall watching season unfold with negative stodgy football, not playing to strengths of team and sitting back trying to win games 1-0 against inferior opposition. Worked against us twice but coming a bit unstuck now. Their squad should be top six and therefore fans upset as seeing no progress.

Well that’s Adam Barrett out of the running then.

Leaves Millwall, says he needs time out of the game as the break will be nice to spend time with the family and then a few weeks later joins cardiff, not close to home is it.

That won’t go down well when Millwall visit. Shrewd move by Harris if you ask me.

I believe he was watching Southend Manor a few weekends ago as he needed a football fix, loves his football so why not?
Go for it, now to be known as Taffy LLgllynlgn Harris.

Back