• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

finny67

Schoolboy
It wasn't until I got home on saturday that i noticed that Billy Best was introduced to the crowd on saturday . I saw this on twitter as normally, like hundreds of others I suspect, I'm either in the Spread/Railway before and tend to arrive at 2.59 .

But would love to know if the club lets people know in advance who they have lined up as I would genuinely like to show my appreciation . Plus, in some circumstances align with any corporate box stuff .

Any ideas on how this could be done ?

Plus , have mentioned, before it's "too late" , has the Club/Trust been in touch with Dave Smith to see if we could get him up for the weekend and maybe do a Q&A or at the very least a pitch appearance .

It wasn't until I got home on saturday that i noticed that Billy Best was introduced to the crowd on saturday . I saw this on twitter as normally, like hundreds of others I suspect, I'm either in the Spread/Railway before and tend to arrive at 2.59 .

But would love to know if the club lets people know in advance who they have lined up as I would genuinely like to show my appreciation . Plus, in some circumstances align with any corporate box stuff .

Any ideas on how this could be done ?

Plus , have mentioned, before it's "too late" , has the Club/Trust been in touch with Dave Smith to see if we could get him up for the weekend and maybe do a Q&A or at the very least a pitch appearance .

Agree with what you say Finny. I am in contact with the Club re a couple of legends attending and have also muted the idea of Smiffy. I'll also mention your timetable idea. Watch out for more news hopefully before Saturday ...... :thumbsup:

Why not have a lap of honour around all parts of the ground so everyone can show their appreciation, there are three other stands not just the one.

Hardly seems fair to make the old boys walk around the ground.

Maybe the club can invest in a popemobile instead?

Not only would it ferry the former stars around but it would also provide an unique advertising opportunity.

Anybody see the way Burnley honoured the older supporters before the Lincoln game ? Thought that was classy ...

Thoroughly agree with this. it really helps to pump the crowd as well . Though I'm an East-stander i always think its strange that he other 3 stands are ignored.

Yes definitely do it at half time, and if not all 4 sides of the ground, then what is wrong with presenting them on the centre-circle?

Back