• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A great shame really that we couldn't find a place for him at the club he loves. Neil Harris obviously told Millwall that Adam Barrett has always been someone that gives everything on and off the pitch. A great ambassador for any club, who goes beyond the call of duty.

Am happy to see Adam get an opportunity at Millwall.
Wishing him all the best and certain he will always receive a great reception at Roots Hall.

With AB's appointment at Millwall, and the comments about it being a shame no role could be found for him at RH, it set me thinking. What role does Brian Horton fulfil at our club? Not suggesting for one moment that AB could replace GC but I have never really got the need for BH.

With AB's appointment at Millwall, and the comments about it being a shame no role could be found for him at RH, it set me thinking. What role does Brian Horton fulfil at our club? Not suggesting for one moment that AB could replace GC but I have never really got the need for BH.

He does a little bit of scouting. He watches future opponents. He joins in now and again at training, like a third eye for PB and GC at training and first team games. I suspect a few think that he was given a job for being an old mate of Phil Brown's.

It does no harm to have someone as experienced as Brian Horton in and around the first team scene IMO.

I don't recall either , but as both players Pro careers ended at SUFC due to injury I imagine they were Benefit matches as opposed to testimonials, The league rules and the tax implications are different .

Danny Greaves 's game was a testimonial, but as it was in 1990 and his playing career ended in 1984, it would have been for the 10 years since he signed , as he was on the coaching staff at that time

Delighted for Adam and like no doubt all on here wish him every success in his new position ( except if it works against us in any way ) but the main thing is, assuming he gets good support there, this will add a lot more experience, knowledge and skill ( + coaching badge ) for when he makes a glorious and successful return to his spiritual HOME !

Whilst it is a shame Barrett is now at Millwall, the reality is we do not at the moment have a role for him at the club. Results improved considerably since he was omitted from the playing team, plus we already have a large team of backroom staff who must be doing a good job as the playing standards are improving every season under them. Hopefully we will see Barrett back at the club in the future in some capacity.

Danny Greaves 's game was a testimonial, but as it was in 1990 and his playing career ended in 1984, it would have been for the 10 years since he signed , as he was on the coaching staff at that time

I am sure that Danny left Southend and went to Cambridge in 84/85 and was bought back as a coach in 1990 .

Quite the usual un-helpful (now he has gone, he is dead to us) response from the club regarding anything beneficial for Adam from the Trust Liaison meeting minutes just published by the Trust.

"SC raised the issue of Adam Barrett, saying he, and many supporters, were disappointed in
the way in which he had been treated. He asked if he would be getting a testimonial and
what the Club would be doing for him. PvW advised that Adam doesn’t qualify for a
testimonial as he doesn’t have 10 years’ continuous service, not even actually having 10
years’ service. KF suggested perhaps having a Maher XI v a Barrett XI at Meet the Blues Day
this year, which would allow supporters to show their appreciation. DM agreed to accept
ideas for consideration regarding Adam but consultation with Manager was an important
issue"

Back