• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tampa Blue

Director⭐
ChrisPhillips‏ @CJPhillips1982 16h16 hours ago
You could actually it was five as well due to the free-kick which led tothe goal against Northampton.
ChrisPhillips‏ @CJPhillips1982 16h16hours ago
Since Will Atkinson's sending off, four of the six goals Blues haveconceded have came down their right hand side. Coincidence?

Interesting tweet from Chris Phillips, highlighting what Will Atkinson brings to the team and that without him we are defensively weak on the right.

I must admit that I was amazed he did not start against Gillingham. I know that guff about not changing a winning team and all that but it is surpassed by the sentiment of playing your best team.

Demetriou is great going forward but suspect defensively. I don't like the way he gets sucked under the ball when a ball comes across from the left, Gills almost scored early from another one of those. Also, he gets the willies when anyone runs at him.

I think we've missed Atkinson more than people thought we would, Demetriou needs protection.

Many of us have been saying for ages how poor Demetriou is defensively, Will has that element to his game that provides some cover for him.

I have said recently he is one of our most important players....he literally plays in two positions due to his obscene work rate...thus allowing others to play i.e Wordsworth bombing on

Same could go for Luke O'Neill as well - both him and Will cover defensively when Demetriou runs forward, and for the games that we've not had Will for, I don't think it's any coincidence that we've been poor down that right hand side.

He is an essential part of our team. When you have him in the team, sometime you do not realise he is playing, but take him out of the team and you can really see that we miss him. A bit like Liverpool with Xabi Alonso. Phenomenal work rate. Is Atkinson good enough for the Championship should we go up? I'm not sure.

I must admit that I was amazed he did not start against Gillingham. I know that guff about not changing a winning team and all that but it is surpassed by the sentiment of playing your best team.

Until the manager does change a winning team and they then lose, sparking a ton of vitriol about why on earth you would ever change a winning team...

Plus it's terrible man management to be honest. "Your best team" is entirely subjective and if someone comes in, the team does well and they are dropped for no apparent reason, that player is going to be rightly cheesed off and looking for a way out.

I think Will will be back on Saturday. Who for is the question. McGlashan I suspect but then we lose width and pace.

Tough call.

As I said to CP ; the sooner Atko and McLaughlin are back the better. Offer us much better balance throughout!

I remember a Bradford fan saying to us when we got him. You notice him more when he is not playing. How true that is.

Back