• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of interest, the Trust presented Adam with a suitably engraved decanter set recently on behalf of "all" supporters.

FYI Adams mum died a couple of weeks ago after a long battle with PSP. I am sure he will really appreciate the thoughts of the Shrimpers fans

Out of interest, the Trust presented Adam with a suitably engraved decanter set recently on behalf of "all" supporters.

Thanks for the update OBL.

I think that's what chocolado wanted to know. It wasn't much to ask yet he got put down for asking.

Glad to here the trust have done this for Adam, however I assume this is different to what we all donated to as part of the zone?

The reason I asked the question again is because I wanted to know that the money the zone donated for this gift for Adam was being used and would be presented to him. Rather than sitting in the zone bank accounts and helping run the site by the rules set by the Owner and no one else.

Glad to here the trust have done this for Adam, however I assume this is different to what we all donated to as part of the zone?

The reason I asked the question again is because I wanted to know that the money the zone donated for this gift for Adam was being used and would be presented to him. Rather than sitting in the zone bank accounts and helping run the site by the rules set by the Owner and no one else.

An unnecessary and pretty outrageous comment. As someone who personally helped sponsor the zone for 10 years plus, just to keep it active so that people like you can have a forum to voice their opinions on (whatever they may be), the inference that the owners would NOT use money raised by Zoners for a specific purpose but instead would use that to run this site casts huge doubts on their integrity and is a disgraceful slur.

These people aren't in it for the money, they give up their own time and also dig into their own pockets to keep this site going.

You should retract that comment immediately and offer a sincere and genuine apology.

'Chocolardo' has since been banned 'fbm' after last night's exchanges, along with 'Ironshrimper'.

Thank you Mark. It hasn't been done yet as quite frankly I haven't had the time to sit down and do it. It is not an easy job believe me sorting through hundreds of pictures to select the right ones then having to download, size them all and take them to the kodak shop in Leigh for printing out, which has apparently shut down now grrr. Then stage two, to go to Benfleet to get them laid out correctly and framed.

My apologies to all, I will sort it in January when it is less of a madhouse at work. The monies donated have never been touched and remain in the bank.

'Chocolardo' has since been banned 'fbm' after last night's exchanges, along with 'Ironshrimper'.

Interesting, I don't know if I'm getting Ironshrimper mixed up with someone else - wasn't he the guy who was a West Ham fan who'd moved down here and started coming to games and was quite enthusiastic about it? Seemed quite a moderate guy if so.

Mark has been very eloquent in his post and the accusation by Chocolardo was totally scandalous, he isn't the first and won't be the first to have such an attitude on the Zone though - and sometimes it takes someone who's not an owner or a moderator, like fbm, to come out and voice the thoughts of the majority so well. Green all day long for that post.

Interesting, I don't know if I'm getting Ironshrimper mixed up with someone else - wasn't he the guy who was a West Ham fan who'd moved down here and started coming to games and was quite enthusiastic about it? Seemed quite a moderate guy if so.

Mark has been very eloquent in his post and the accusation by Chocolardo was totally scandalous, he isn't the first and won't be the first to have such an attitude on the Zone though - and sometimes it takes someone who's not an owner or a moderator, like fbm, to come out and voice the thoughts of the majority so well. Green all day long for that post.

You are thinking of Iron Mike OBL. He still is active in the prediction league but stays away from ChitChat.

'Ironshrimper' was alright. A bit feisty, at times. Me and him had a little bet on last season about how many goals Coxy would score.

He only posted once on the HSFC thread and was immediately banned so must have been pretty close to the knuckle.

People keep talking about the rules for here, but do they exist somewhere that I can access?

'Ironshrimper' was alright. A bit feisty, at times. Me and him had a little bet on last season about how many goals Coxy would score.

He only posted once on the HSFC thread and was immediately banned so must have been pretty close to the knuckle.

People keep talking about the rules for here, but do they exist somewhere that I can access?

At top this page (and any other page), there is a navy blue bar. One of the headings is FAQ, click on that and you will find what you look for.

Excellent. It's not for anything sinister (yet! :smile:).

I was just interested in the guidelines for our site, as I am a moderator on another site, so was interested in how things compared.

Back