• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is a very specific post. I'm not trying to duplicate the Adam Barrett appreciation thread, it's a specific campaign and I want thoughts on how we do it.

I propose that Adam Barrett is invited to our last home game of the season and paraded on the pitch before the game like Anton was when he signed.

I for one would love to get the chance to give Barrett one last sign off in the sunshine at Roots Hall. We can all stand up, clap a legend then get on with the game.

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

I think a better idea might be to order and give out hundreds of Adam Barrett face masks and chant loud and clear the "There's only one Adam Barrett" chant! There's more chance of making that happen than what you propose unfortunately.

I think a better idea might be to order and give out hundreds of Adam Barrett face masks and chant loud and clear the "There's only one Adam Barrett" chant! There's more chance of making that happen than what you propose unfortunately.

This is a very specific post. I'm not trying to duplicate the Adam Barrett appreciation thread, it's a specific campaign and I want thoughts on how we do it.

I propose that Adam Barrett is invited to our last home game of the season and paraded on the pitch before the game like Anton was when he signed.

I for one would love to get the chance to give Barrett one last sign off in the sunshine at Roots Hall. We can all stand up, clap a legend then get on with the game.

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

Can someone please enlighten me on what the hell Adam did which ended his hopes of playing for us again and has meant he has mysteriously retired mid-season?

do you think there's no chance of him being invited to be there? It seems pointless, to me, if he's not there to recieve our appreciation.
I'm happy to buy him a ticket so he can sit next to me if that's what it takes!

do you think there's no chance of him being invited to be there? It seems pointless, to me, if he's not there to recieve our appreciation.
I'm happy to buy him a ticket so he can sit next to me if that's what it takes!

I am absolutely in agreement that we SHOULD do something, however, I am not sure we will be allowed to do anything officially. He will, obviously now, be involved with Millwall going forward so I am not sure how or if we will get the opportunity. I did suggest the club organise a Maher v Barrett XI at MTBD, but again, with the advent of the Millwall job, I am not sure Adam would want to.

It's a huge shame, personally, I would have liked him have the opportunity to come onto the pitch at the last game, just after he announced his retirement.

Can someone please enlighten me on what the hell Adam did which ended his hopes of playing for us again and has meant he has mysteriously retired mid-season?

His love for SUFC overcame his common sense and he agreed to work for Phil Brown.

From what I've heard Barrett gave a rousing speech to beat Millwall and end our bad run at the request of the gaffer, it leaked, Brown's ego was bruised. As Brown has always felt threatened by Barrett publicly declaring he wants to manage the club one day Brown banished our club captain to train with the youth team and didn't include him in any further league match day squads instead opting for a full back to play in his position. That's in a nutshell

Back