Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlton away

Default Charlton away

Hi everyone, apologies if this is not the right place for this post...

i have just purchased a couple of Charlton away tickets are have realised that i have not been given any seat numbers for the game. Is it because we are not expected to sell our allocation so sit where we like? Forgive me for my ignorance, i have not bought away tickets online for some time. Also, if traveling via c2c from Benfleet, would the best route be through Wst Ham/North Greenwich underground?

thanks in advance,

Kind regards.

As far as travel is concerned check out the football league guide to grounds I find most helpful.

Thanks, will do.

The away end at Charlton holds upto 3,000 we won't take that, so yes maybe it has been made unallocated seating. Maybe someone else who has tickets can confirm.

Going to North Greenwich is an option but probably a 40 min walk to the ground from there.

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Pretty sure it was unallocated seating last time we went.

That's great, many thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Althorne Shrimper View Post
    Also, if traveling via c2c from Benfleet, would the best route be through Wst Ham/North Greenwich underground?
    DLR from West Ham to Woolwich Arsenal (16 mins) then overground from Woolwich Arsenal to Charlton (6 mins).

Thank you Supernaut

Can anyone tell me what Blocks at the Valley we have been allocated?

Thanks in advance!
    Ex-SZFC II Right Wing Back and Former Essex Uni Shrimper, now in exile in Bedfordshire.

Football League Ground Checklist 41/92

Away Game Record: P73 W28 D15 L28 F87 A100
    Next planned away day - We await the fixture list...

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    DLR from West Ham to Woolwich Arsenal (16 mins) then overground from Woolwich Arsenal to Charlton (6 mins).
    DLR does not go from West Ham. Take Jubilee Line 1 stop to Canning Town get the DLR from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimper2thecore View Post
    Can anyone tell me what Blocks at the Valley we have been allocated?

Thanks in advance!
    As its unallocated seating in the South Stand I would think most of the away end blocks will be open. Although It looks like the lower section is bigger so they might try and fill that first?

Was going to wait until after the game tonight to ask this but could someone tell me the best way to get to Charlton by Train from Chalkwell. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Up the Shrimpers View Post
    DLR does not go from West Ham. Take Jubilee Line 1 stop to Canning Town get the DLR from there.
    It does. The DLR and Jubilee line platforms are right next to each other on parallel tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post
    It does. The DLR and Jubilee line platforms are right next to each other on parallel tracks.
    Yep you are correct sorry had a bit of a memory block then!
    Mind you if you want to avoid the hoards of West Ham fans getting off at West Ham then maybe staying onto Limehouse is also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mattytheshrimper View Post
    Was going to wait until after the game tonight to ask this but could someone tell me the best way to get to Charlton by Train from Chalkwell. Thanks
    As per the above get the C2C to West Ham or Limehouse then DLR to Woolwich Arsenal. You can then walk from WA to the ground or I think it's 2 stops to Charlton station on overground line.