Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ..... Walsall H

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Moronic comments like this are why I have stupid boys in my daughter's class telling her that she can't play or even enjoy watching football. I'm taking her to see England v Austria at a level you lot can only dream of playing at.

Grow up.
    I lived in Austria and whilst there played at a very high standard(level 3).I retain a keen interest in the game over there
    and have to inform you they have no games against England for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Of course, my comments are normally light-hearted and taken with a pinch of salt but In "that moment" that is his only job. The ref will/should position himself in a position where he can spot shoves in the back etc... we've had 2 lino's the last 2 home games who've missed repeated foul throw ins. If they can't get that right / it's not that important we may as well scrap that rule?!
    In the nicest possible way, we do enjoy your interventions. Keep it up.

But to the point. No, regardless of what you might think, its not his only job. Especially if he is 30 yards up the pitch. In fact, he and the ref are probably not even looking at the thrower most of the time. Why would they? We had a little spate of foul throws a while back for a couple of games, but other than those when did you ever see a foul throw given. Yeah, no one cares... like six seconds on the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuss View Post
    I lived in Austria and whilst there played at a very high standard(level 3).I retain a keen interest in the game over there
    and have to inform you they have no games against England for the forseeable future.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39107476

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by londonblue View Post
    Almost none of which were legitimate. There was one when most of the West Stand claimed handball even though the ball had hit the Walsall player in the face.
    Yeah but we could see something you couldn't LB

hand.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Football View Post
    In the nicest possible way, we do enjoy your interventions. Keep it up.

But to the point. No, regardless of what you might think, its not his only job. Especially if he is 30 yards up the pitch. In fact, he and the ref are probably not even looking at the thrower most of the time. Why would they? We had a little spate of foul throws a while back for a couple of games, but other than those when did you ever see a foul throw given. Yeah, no one cares... like six seconds on the keeper.
    6 second rule doesn't exist does it?! :'(
    Follow me on Twitter : @SZKev

I have TWO now (im blessed!)

Of course it does; albeit more honoured in the breach......

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    think he assumed you was talking about proper football

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Of course it does; albeit more honoured in the breach......
    The only time I have ever seen at applied was at Roots Hall. Daryl was the unlucky offender. Can't remember when though.

Quote Originally Posted by LBBlue View Post
    The only time I have ever seen at applied was at Roots Hall. Daryl was the unlucky offender. Can't remember when though.
    I distinctly remember England benefiting from it in the group stages of the 2006 World Cup, and also a couple of season's ago Liverpool were penalised in either the Champions League or the Europa League (although in the latter case it was more like the 24 second rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuss View Post
    As I said!
    No I'm confused. Are you saying you played in Euro championships and World Cups? Wow, we have an English international on SZ!

Gerrard They Call It Madness!!!'s Avatar
    In a dark dark town, in a dark dark street...

Overall ref was excellent too in my opinion.

He did however miss John White give a little 2 handed nudge twice in the second half (all be it not a lot in it but we won free kicks for similar).

He also done well to miss Jason Demitrou''s very high boot on the back of the Moose. Credit to Moose, he raised his hands saying how have you not seen that...if he goes down and rolls around then we're in trouble.

Other than those, which I don't mind at all he was excellent!
    S.B.A.
    Scrounger Baldness Appreciation
    Am I the new Darren Anderton...?

In a word, yes.