Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ..... Walsall H

Ref ..... Walsall H

For the second time in five days, our referee will be an official in his first season as a Football League referee, refereeing his first Southend match.

Robert Jones from Liverpool is the man in charge on Saturday. He has spent the previous two seasons refereeing at Conference level and also officiating in something called the Women's Super League.

He also refereed the Conference Playoff decider between Forest Green and Grimsby rather well.

This season he's refereed 33 matches with slightly more League Two than League One, showing a very average 103 yellows and 4 reds. Last Saturday he awarded visitors Cambridge two penalties and sent off a home player at Carlisle.

Assistants are Louis Marks, previously from Waterlooville but now employed as a manager by Bedford FA and Stephen Finch from Southampton. One time paying customer at Roots Hall, Rob Whitton from Chelmsford, stands by as Fourth Official.

Excellent Mick , I get impartiality, but that's some hike for him (Liverpool - Sarfend)...things you have to do to climb the greasy pole
    DlPaBllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll's

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    also officiating in something called the Women's Super League.
    Surely not.....'Mick The Sexist' ?!?

On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the shops)

given the fourth official, and far be it from me to wish injury on somebody, but I do hope one of them gets injured!
    Twitter: @RobertFox278 SIMPLICITER SE NUNQUAM DIMISIT

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    and also officiating in something called the Women's Super League.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa1 View Post
    Surely not.....'Mick The Sexist' ?!?
    What made you draw that inference ?

Just because one might have little knowledge (and even less interest) in women's football, doesn't make one sexist.

Football is a mans game , end of , fact

Quote Originally Posted by borientater View Post
    Football is a mans game , end of , fact
    ...until they swap shirts at the end
    That Curly Bob is a jolly good chap!

Shower or communal bath.....
    DlPaBllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll's

To quote Ronnie Barker "I played in a mixed sex football match. I scored a hat-trick - once on the pitch and twice in the shower!"
    That Curly Bob is a jolly good chap!

I can't remember a ref having a better game for a very long time. I don't remember once thinking the ref got something wrong. He played the advantage then pulled play back if the advantage went nowhere. Booked Inniss about 5 mins after his poor tackle because he played the advantage and let the game flow. 10/10 from me

Emma Bunton's No. 1 stalker, Adam Barretts No. 1 fan. * ORM *'s Avatar
    Flying the flag for SUFC at Clearwater Bay, Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    I can't remember a ref having a better game for a very long time. I don't remember once thinking the ref got something wrong. He played the advantage then pulled play back if the advantage went nowhere. Booked Inniss about 5 mins after his poor tackle because he played the advantage and let the game flow. 10/10 from me
    Wow Webby !!!! Are you on glue?
    An SUFC exile in Hong Kong since 1 Feb 2012 and a fan since 1973.

CO-FOUNDER SHRIMPERZONE F.C. and STILL playing league football in HK at the age of 50

Think the standard of referees has been appalling this season but todays ref was a breath of fresh air.let the game flow as much as he could and got the decision s right.i can't believe I'm praising the man in the middle ��

I know they've had little to beat of late, but I thought the team of officials today were the best I've seen at Roots Hall for a very long while.

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    Agreed. He was excellent. Heard a number of people around me saying the same thing. Didn't get a decision wrong

1. He was a good ref, it is now it seems the norm to be discussing the decision making BUT not today, the game moved along and the ref needs to be recognised as having a very good game.