• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
For the second time in five days, our referee will be an official in his first season as a Football League referee, refereeing his first Southend match.

Robert Jones from Liverpool is the man in charge on Saturday. He has spent the previous two seasons refereeing at Conference level and also officiating in something called the Women's Super League.

He also refereed the Conference Playoff decider between Forest Green and Grimsby rather well.

This season he's refereed 33 matches with slightly more League Two than League One, showing a very average 103 yellows and 4 reds. Last Saturday he awarded visitors Cambridge two penalties and sent off a home player at Carlisle.

Assistants are Louis Marks, previously from Waterlooville but now employed as a manager by Bedford FA and Stephen Finch from Southampton. One time paying customer at Roots Hall, Rob Whitton from Chelmsford, stands by as Fourth Official.

To quote Ronnie Barker "I played in a mixed sex football match. I scored a hat-trick - once on the pitch and twice in the shower!"

I can't remember a ref having a better game for a very long time. I don't remember once thinking the ref got something wrong. He played the advantage then pulled play back if the advantage went nowhere. Booked Inniss about 5 mins after his poor tackle because he played the advantage and let the game flow. 10/10 from me

I can't remember a ref having a better game for a very long time. I don't remember once thinking the ref got something wrong. He played the advantage then pulled play back if the advantage went nowhere. Booked Inniss about 5 mins after his poor tackle because he played the advantage and let the game flow. 10/10 from me

Wow Webby !!!! Are you on glue?

Think the standard of referees has been appalling this season but todays ref was a breath of fresh air.let the game flow as much as he could and got the decision s right.i can't believe I'm praising the man in the middle ��

I know they've had little to beat of late, but I thought the team of officials today were the best I've seen at Roots Hall for a very long while.

Agreed. He was excellent. Heard a number of people around me saying the same thing. Didn't get a decision wrong

1. He was a good ref, it is now it seems the norm to be discussing the decision making BUT not today, the game moved along and the ref needs to be recognised as having a very good game.

well done Mr Jones, any relation to the ex Crewe and Liverpool full-back I wonder?

Shame the Lino missed numerous foul throws in the 1st infront of the east stand! Top ref and obviously likes the gym!

Back