• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought the crowd were very poor first half, considering we were just one win from the play-offs. What ever happened to lifting your team rather than expecting them to lift you.

We had the usual 'empty heads' shouting abuse when we were 1-0 down. We missed a sitter and they went down the other end and scored...It happens so get over yourselves.

Next week v Oldham people will look at the table and expect us to be 2-0 up in 20 minutes. Forgetting that Oldham have lost just once in the last 9 games and have picked up more points than us in that time. If we do get promoted I don't think we have a home crowd that could help keep us in the Championship.

As for the bloke who allegedly left after 35 minutes thinking he looks cool just like the Johnny-Come-lately's who walk out in the PL......Glad you missed the second half......You utter mug.

Depends where you sit I suppose. T block in the West went very quiet after the first Walsall goal, more so because Franck scored it. We all went quieter still after he rubbed salt in the wound by scoring the second so soon after. Sometimes it really doesn't matter where we are in the league, two goals conceded in a short space of time and by an old boy does tend to quieten the crowd a bit. I don't think it helped that the formation was different and therefore it's easy to say that the change was the cause of their goals and the lack of noise in the crowd, that may, or may not have contributed. Anyway, water under the bridge. My area of the West recovered their equilibrium after H/T and by the time the attacking onslaught was up to speed, so was the crowd.

I obviously can't speak for where you sit, but an awful lot of the supporters in the West were around for our previous Championship adventures and did their bit on the avid supporter front to get behind the team. If we go up again this season those same people wil be right behind them. If there are dodgy moments from the team, some will give them some stick, it happens and sometimes the team will deserve it. Other times we will be shouting and cheering even if the play is less than the perfection we demand.

Think it may have been Atkinson who put in quite a big tackle which seemed to galvanise everyone including the crowd.

The first half atmos was non existent.

My Dad on the hour mark said the crowd was so so quiet today ,nothing was happening , the game was so poor ( Cheers Mr. Brown for the tactics ) ... Then suddenly the drum started banging .... this lifted everyone out of their slumber , we all starting singing + then the team became inspired.

So well done the West stand drummer -- but please drum throughout the game next time , dont leave it too late !!!!!

:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

My Dad on the hour mark said the crowd was so so quiet today ,nothing was happening , the game was so poor ( Cheers Mr. Brown for the tactics ) ... Then suddenly the drum started banging .... this lifted everyone out of their slumber , we all starting singing + then the team became inspired.

So well done the West stand drummer -- but please drum throughout the game next time , dont leave it too late !!!!!

:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

Always remember an interview with Alan Ball on talk sport, they asked him what he remembered the most about playing at Goodison Park,

and he replied, the drummer, the drummer always kept a steady beat throughout the game, just like heart beat, the heart beat of the ground,

Nice.

So maybe, when we are not singing that the drummer also keeps a steady slow beat, the SUFC heart beat, which obversely speeds up when the game gets going.

Snr.

Always remember an interview with Alan Ball on talk sport, they asked him what he remembered the most about playing at Goodison Park,

and he replied, the drummer, the drummer always kept a steady beat throughout the game, just like heart beat, the heart beat of the ground,

Nice.

So maybe, when we are not singing that the drummer also keeps a steady slow beat, the SUFC heart beat, which obversely speeds up when the game gets going.

Snr.

Our support was crap first half Saturday, myself included. We couldn't keep a song going at all. We all know that when we are behind is when we are needed and that is when the 12th man really matters which makes it worse. Its the chicken and egg syndrome, we need the team to spark us, and they need us. I stand just behind 'the drummer (Dan), to say he was putting in full effort in second half would be an understatement. If just half us put in the same effort the atmosphere would be electric

Back