• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wa hey just tuned in a little late and Chicken has been hard at work.

What ever the vet has been giving him can we all have some?

Wa hey just tuned in a little late and Chicken has been hard at work.

What ever the vet has been giving him can we all have some?

Well, Prawn, first of all he perked up with a thermometer up his jacksie, then he got a Vit. B 12, a steroid, an anti-biotic and loads of water as he was dehydrated. I don't know if it would work for all of us but by Jove, it's got him in fine fettle at the business end of the season! :happy:

Well, Prawn, first of all he perked up with a thermometer up his jacksie, then he got a Vit. B 12, a steroid, an anti-biotic and loads of water as he was dehydrated. I don't know if it would work for all of us but by Jove, it's got him in fine fettle at the business end of the season! :happy:

Maybe that’s part of SCP’s new training regime, if you lose you get a thermometer stuck up your jaksie.

I hope Chicken is in good form for next weekends game.

Maybe that’s part of SCP’s new training regime, if you lose you get a thermometer stuck up your jaksie.

I hope Chicken is in good form for next weekends game.

Thanks, Prawn - he has a rendezvous with his saviour yesterday for some blood tests ahead of some more treatment. It's a marathon, not a sprint now but let's hope he can still take one game at a time in what has been the greatest resurrection since Anton returned to the defence.

Good news of sorts, Chicken followers. The old boy had his blood tests and they revealed that he has hyperthyroidism and chronic kidney disease. He's been given a new round of anti-biotics and Mrs Nox has been studying the nutritional regime that he needs to adhere to in order to alleviate the effects of the CKD.

So, no more little treats from my Chinese take-aways for our veteran feline supporter but as Mrs Nox so rightly said, in reference to Chick's new pad in a box continence issues management routine, you can teach an old cat new tricks. He's resting in that very box now, basking in the warmth of the sunshine streaming through the window above him and from the nearby radiator and log burner in readiness for a tough away day up there at Boundary Park. Everything to play for in so many ways.

Chicky good morning.jpg

Excellent news Rob. There's life in the old boy yet, funny that was just what the wife was saying too. Tough one today, need Chicken on his game. COYBB

Good news of sorts, Chicken followers. The old boy had his blood tests and they revealed that he has hyperthyroidism and chronic kidney disease. He's been given a new round of anti-biotics and Mrs Nox has been studying the nutritional regime that he needs to adhere to in order to alleviate the effects of the CKD.

So, no more little treats from my Chinese take-aways for our veteran feline supporter but as Mrs Nox so rightly said, in reference to Chick's new pad in a box continence issues management routine, you can teach an old cat new tricks. He's resting in that very box now, basking in the warmth of the sunshine streaming through the window above him and from the nearby radiator and log burner in readiness for a tough away day up there at Boundary Park. Everything to play for in so many ways.

View attachment 5160

Good news, and with no game today extra time for him to rest. Love the piccy of him growling and baring his tooth at a nearby col ewe supporter no doubt. Best wishes

Good news, and with no game today extra time for him to rest. Love the piccy of him growling and baring his tooth at a nearby col ewe supporter no doubt. Best wishes

Thanks, shallowshrimper. I'm still bowled over that he's still with us and amazed by his incredible recuperative powers.

Luckily, there aren't many Col Ewe that I'm aware of down here. Quite a few Shrimpers in PZ though, amazingly. I'll list them one day when we haven't got a game. There'll be quite a few going to Plymouth in just over a month.

Chick's concerned that we're going to miss two games in a row.

View attachment 5165

Can Chicken give Maurice our rescue cat a ring Rob? He took one look at the snow when it started and hasn't set foot outside since. Litter tray working overtime! So maybe Chick could persuade our awkward git that 'out' is good.

Later: He's out!!! No more Mr Nice Guy, me, one handed pick up,open door, whoosh, he's gone.

Can Chicken give Maurice our rescue cat a ring Rob? He took one look at the snow when it started and hasn't set foot outside since. Litter tray working overtime! So maybe Chick could persuade our awkward git that 'out' is good.

Later: He's out!!! No more Mr Nice Guy, me, one handed pick up,open door, whoosh, he's gone.

Sometimes you've gotta go all Nick Lowe in this business, RHB.

[video=youtube;b0l3QWUXVho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0l3QWUXVho[/video]

Thanks, shallowshrimper. I'm still bowled over that he's still with us and amazed by his incredible recuperative powers.

Luckily, there aren't many Col Ewe that I'm aware of down here. Quite a few Shrimpers in PZ though, amazingly. I'll list them one day when we haven't got a game. There'll be quite a few going to Plymouth in just over a month.

I don't think it quite counts but my parents in law are at the forge in Canons Town, so they are related by marriage to a Southend supporter....

I don't think it quite counts but my parents in law are at the forge in Canons Town, so they are related by marriage to a Southend supporter....

Ha - had to think about that for a sec, Bar na bas, as the place I know (up the A30) is called Canonstown. I think The Forge is there on the left when you're coming from Crowlas and heading to St. Erth?

Ha - had to think about that for a sec, Bar na bas, as the place I know (up the A30) is called Canonstown. I think The Forge is there on the left when you're coming from Crowlas and heading to St. Erth?
I also had to think about that and look on the map to check, as when we are driving down the A30 from Bristol (I am also a shrimper in exile), Pencarn Forge is on the right, before you get to Crowlas.... Whatever the rights and lefts of it, we are both a long way away from Roots Hall!!

Well done Chick, make sure you get back in the warm:clap:
Surprising all the Cornwall links, my in-laws are all in Hayle, so not that far away from Chicken x

Well done Chick, make sure you get back in the warm:clap:
Surprising all the Cornwall links, my in-laws are all in Hayle, so not that far away from Chicken x

Only about 9 miles as the cats fly, Roxy.

I am pleased to report that Chick is back in his pad-lined box by the radiator on the coffee table - after I encouraged him out for his morning constitutional in the snow, just like RHB did with Maurice. I think he signed his name in it this time.

Back