• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can Chicken give Maurice our rescue cat a ring Rob? He took one look at the snow when it started and hasn't set foot outside since. Litter tray working overtime! So maybe Chick could persuade our awkward git that 'out' is good.

Later: He's out!!! No more Mr Nice Guy, me, one handed pick up,open door, whoosh, he's gone.

You monster!!

Good news of sorts, Chicken followers. The old boy had his blood tests and they revealed that he has hyperthyroidism and chronic kidney disease. He's been given a new round of anti-biotics and Mrs Nox has been studying the nutritional regime that he needs to adhere to in order to alleviate the effects of the CKD.

So, no more little treats from my Chinese take-aways for our veteran feline supporter but as Mrs Nox so rightly said, in reference to Chick's new pad in a box continence issues management routine, you can teach an old cat new tricks. He's resting in that very box now, basking in the warmth of the sunshine streaming through the window above him and from the nearby radiator and log burner in readiness for a tough away day up there at Boundary Park. Everything to play for in so many ways.

View attachment 5160

Love the white slash down the old lad's face. Looks like he has had a go with Zorro. The mouth reminds me, rather disturbingly, of my dad with his false teeth out.

Any updates on the likelihood of tomorrow's match going ahead, following Chick's pitch inspection yesterday, Rob?

Any updates on the likelihood of tomorrow's match going ahead, following Chick's pitch inspection yesterday, Rob?

Game is 100% off, Andy. Chick's sat up in his box restless ... that should tell us all we need to know but it might have been restlessness caused by me needing to keep him away from the Chinese take-away meat scraps I can't give him due to this healthy diet Mrs Nox has been looking into. There are no easy games at this level, that's for sure.

C'mon, Chicken I hope you are nice and warm and have a great afternoon listening to the game. :happy:

Don't get overheated Chicken, we want you awake for this one. 3-1 win I say, COYBB

Game is 100% off, Andy. Chick's sat up in his box restless ... that should tell us all we need to know

All hail Chick, yet again.

He knew the game should have been called off and became restless, knowing it was stupidly going ahead. He knew it would end in tears.

I hope the club never doubt, again, that he knows all that they will ever need to know.

All hail Chick, yet again.

He knew the game should have been called off and became restless, knowing it was stupidly going ahead. He knew it would end in tears.

I hope the club never doubt, again, that he knows all that they will ever need to know.

Message to self: don't give him a new box option before a game.

And the lucky blue jocks that I've been wearing on match days since I donned them ahead of the Scunthorpe game can clearly do one too.

Well, the good news is that he's forsaken his new comfy cat softee-surround thingy for his lucky box on the coffee table, so there's still everything to play for ...

Slight change of arrangements for Chick today which could be just what we need having not scored in the last three games whilst he's been in his box seat. He's hanging out in the bathroom at the moment. It will be interesting to see if this positional change comes off.

Back