• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

By the way Lenny don't want to cause a panic yet but pleasure cruises on the Thames are banned at the moment...:stunned:
If so we'll just nick HMS Belfast, like to see an ISIS fanatic try and take that on! (Not that it'd move!)

Yep, I know of several fans not making the trip, simply because you cannot see anything from the away end......

Yeah I can't get a ticket but not overly fussed because of this reason. Quite frustrating though as its a massive game so would love to be there if I could.

Thompson has to start for me, in place of White. If that's the only change from the finishing XI then fine by me.

Agree with this. Harsh on white who was absolute beast whenever he's played this year but Thompson edges it. Bring White on if were chasing the game and need a slightly more ball playing centre back.

I hope all Shrimpers have a great day and of course celebrate 3 points.
Memories of October 1977 and our first league encounter with new boys Wimbledon at Plough Lane. A memorable day out with fantastic away support (we took the place over) and a fantastic 3-1 win to boost our evolving promotion bid!

I hope all Shrimpers have a great day and of course celebrate 3 points.
Memories of October 1977 and our first league encounter with new boys Wimbledon at Plough Lane. A memorable day out with fantastic away support (we took the place over) and a fantastic 3-1 win to boost our evolving promotion bid!
t

Looking at rthat date. It was 77/78 and Wimbledon were fresh out of the old Southern League - 10 years later they were in the top division and won the FA Cup. Phenomenal.

Has there been any players that have played for both Wimbledon & Southend?

That should start an avalanche of names that I should have remembered .............

Ian Selley (wombles 2000-2003 & Southend on loan 2002)

Mark Phiiliips (wombles 2014-2015 & Southend 2010-2014)

Jamie Stuart (wombles 2011-2012 & Southend 2003-2004)

Jack Midson (wombles 2011-2014 & Southend 2010)

Oh, and Tyrone Barnett who is currently with them and a certain Mr Adam Barrett of course!

Last edited:
"Southend are the most accurate shooters in England's top 5 leagues this season, hitting the target with 47.1% of their shots"
1f3af.png
#EFL

So 0-0 it is then!

For those of us not privileged to be at Wimbledon tomorrow, does anyone fancy using the Chat Room instead of slogging through the official match thread? For those who have never tried it, there is a 'chat' button at the top of the page between the 'shop' and 'what's new' buttons. Just click and off you go.

Later.........there's a separate thread now for anyone interested.

Last edited:
No one injured (apart from Oxley) or been injured in the week, no one suspended, there should be no excuses, Brown must pick his strongest team and a match winning formation. He probably has the largest squad to pick from since Barry Fry spent the Collymore money.

No one injured (apart from Oxley) or been injured in the week, no one suspended, there should be no excuses, Brown must pick his strongest team and a match winning formation. He probably has the largest squad to pick from since Barry Fry spent the Collymore money.

What is the strongest though!!

and I mean that in a good way, I just think on some positions, it a tough call

If we don't have a reserve goalkeeper and Ted does get injured or sent off does anyone know who might have to "pull on the jersey" like in the good old days?

I have a feeling that, when this question has been asked recently, that Lenny was the outfield player who would take on the keeper role if necessary.

Back