Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "And We Will Be ..... in Shrews-bury"

Default "And We Will Be ..... in Shrews-bury"

So, per the club website 1,000 tickets go on sale tomorrow with priority for season ticket holders for one week.

No mention of other tickets being available if needed but the North Stand where we will be has a 1,796 capacity per the STFC website.

So, should be plenty for all, but if we are up for the play-off's and everyone's taking up more room dressed up in traditional last away game Sponge Bob fancy dress then it could be a bit of a squeeze. After all we took well over 2,000 up to Morecambe (ugh) not so long ago.

Do I have to go, could I ever stay away?
    Author of 'Roots To The 92', the new book with a heavy Shrimpers twist. Please like our 'Roots To The 92' Facebook page and visit www.rootstothe92.co.uk to learn more about the book

Well, to those that have not been, I would say that Shrewsbury as a town is a lovely place to visit.

The surrounding countryside is also very nice. So well worth a weekend away for you and the family.

The football ground is set out on the edge of town and seems rather a soul-less place but once inside it is fine.

All in all, if you haven't been then what better season than this to tick off this place?

What are you waiting for?
    Last edited by Rattus Norvegicus; 21-03-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Life President

I was born in Shrewsbury but have never seen us play there. Could be the year.

I'll be going with my nipper ....this'll be like a home game by comparison for "Spoons"....are you planning on going mate ?
    DlPaBllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll's

Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk Shrimper View Post
    So, per the club website 1,000 tickets go on sale tomorrow with priority for season ticket holders for one week.

No mention of other tickets being available if needed but the North Stand where we will be has a 1,796 capacity per the STFC website.

So, should be plenty for all, but if we are up for the play-off's and everyone's taking up more room dressed up in traditional last away game Sponge Bob fancy dress then it could be a bit of a squeeze. After all we took well over 2,000 up to Morecambe (ugh) not so long ago.

Do I have to go, could I ever stay away?
    To be fair, we took that many to Morecambe because a win would have guaranteed automatic promotion. It's a little different this time. Some may not go just in case we get in the playoffs, because that will mean another away game to go to.
    Nevertheless, I think I will attend. The last away day is always a laugh, and as already stated, a nice away end too. How long on the coach, 3 1/2 to 4 hours?

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

We'd love to have gone but with two family weddings in the next three months we just can't afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    We'd love to have gone but with two family weddings in the next three months we just can't afford it!

Shame on you - putting your family before football. What is the world coming to?

Hash tag: Getyourprioritiesright

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus Norvegicus View Post
    Shame on you - putting your family before football. What is the world coming to?

Hash tag: Getyourprioritiesright
    As my husband is self employed and one of the weddings is his daughter's, I think we have, thank you.

Talking to some of Wino's regulars last night and they are making a full weekend of it and staying Friday and Saturday night.

Hotel booked for Saturday night. Looking forward to some decent beer after collecting 3 points in the afternoon.

I cannot understand why the club has started having priority sales periods for away games that will never sell out. They did it for Bristol and are now doing it for Chesterfield and Shrewsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthUpperShrimper View Post
    I cannot understand why the club has started having priority sales periods for away games that will never sell out. They did it for Bristol and are now doing it for Chesterfield and Shrewsbury.
    Not sure what the issue is, if they're not going to sell out you could just rock up on the day and buy one?

It makes the season ticket holders feel special

Buy All At Sea online

@allatseafanzine

All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.
    Contribute: allatseafanzine@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthUpperShrimper View Post

Keep season ticket holders sweet and feeling special, end of, fact!
    not always good but never ever boring

Blog Entries

There are 9 of us heading down there, making a weekend of it. Should be cracking, regardless of the result.
    See fbm on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=fatblokemarge
    Follow the fbm blog - http://sowhogetscustodyofthenectarpoints.blogspot.com/

Founder member of B.O.O.B.S - Brown, Our Orange Big Shot

Quote Originally Posted by fbm View Post
    There are 9 of us heading down there, making a weekend of it. Should be cracking, regardless of the result.
    But a good result always helps - makes it feel as if the money and time were well spent I think.