• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, per the club website 1,000 tickets go on sale tomorrow with priority for season ticket holders for one week.

No mention of other tickets being available if needed but the North Stand where we will be has a 1,796 capacity per the STFC website.

So, should be plenty for all, but if we are up for the play-off's and everyone's taking up more room dressed up in traditional last away game Sponge Bob fancy dress then it could be a bit of a squeeze. After all we took well over 2,000 up to Morecambe (ugh) not so long ago.

Do I have to go, could I ever stay away?

Well, to those that have not been, I would say that Shrewsbury as a town is a lovely place to visit.

The surrounding countryside is also very nice. So well worth a weekend away for you and the family. :thumbsup:

The football ground is set out on the edge of town and seems rather a soul-less place but once inside it is fine.

All in all, if you haven't been then what better season than this to tick off this place?

What are you waiting for? :smile:

Last edited:
I was born in Shrewsbury but have never seen us play there. Could be the year.

So, per the club website 1,000 tickets go on sale tomorrow with priority for season ticket holders for one week.

No mention of other tickets being available if needed but the North Stand where we will be has a 1,796 capacity per the STFC website.

So, should be plenty for all, but if we are up for the play-off's and everyone's taking up more room dressed up in traditional last away game Sponge Bob fancy dress then it could be a bit of a squeeze. After all we took well over 2,000 up to Morecambe (ugh) not so long ago.

Do I have to go, could I ever stay away?

To be fair, we took that many to Morecambe because a win would have guaranteed automatic promotion. It's a little different this time. Some may not go just in case we get in the playoffs, because that will mean another away game to go to.
Nevertheless, I think I will attend. The last away day is always a laugh, and as already stated, a nice away end too. How long on the coach, 3 1/2 to 4 hours?

We'd love to have gone but with two family weddings in the next three months we just can't afford it!

Talking to some of Wino's regulars last night and they are making a full weekend of it and staying Friday and Saturday night.

Hotel booked for Saturday night. Looking forward to some decent beer after collecting 3 points in the afternoon.

I cannot understand why the club has started having priority sales periods for away games that will never sell out. They did it for Bristol and are now doing it for Chesterfield and Shrewsbury.

I cannot understand why the club has started having priority sales periods for away games that will never sell out. They did it for Bristol and are now doing it for Chesterfield and Shrewsbury.

Not sure what the issue is, if they're not going to sell out you could just rock up on the day and buy one?

It makes the season ticket holders feel special :smile:

There are 9 of us heading down there, making a weekend of it. Should be cracking, regardless of the result.

Same here , 5 of us on an overnighter, staying right in a pub in the centre of town, has the makings of a good one, lovely town .

Did a weekend there in February 1991. Only goal of the game from Brett Angle in the 2nd minute.

The rest was a blur!

I was very, very drunk! :blush:

Back