• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin McGuinness Dies Aged 66

If he had divulged where the missing IRA victims were buried before he died, and which there is no doubt he knew about, then I might have had a bit more sympathy. Nelson Mandela also had blood on his hands, but he made his peace with the world and went about things in the right way. McGuinness didn't.

Barna, I'm doing my utmost to keep it civil here but are you suggesting that the British Army and the RUC deliberately went out to maim and kill innocent members of the public and destroy countless lives in the process? I'm assuming from your selective sentence cherry picked Wiki link that's exactly what you're suggesting.

The provisional IRA specifically set out to kill, maim and destroy lives and communities both at home here on the UK mainland and in NI. To compare the two truly says far more about you as a person that it does about the topic of discussion. You're a disgrace to your birth nation and it's people. Stay in your adopted Spain my friend because I can assure you you're becoming less and less welcome back here.

Barna, I'm doing my utmost to keep it civil here but are you suggesting that the British Army and the RUC deliberately went out to maim and kill innocent members of the public and destroy countless lives in the process? I'm assuming from your selective sentence cherry picked Wiki link that's exactly what you're suggesting.

The provisional IRA specifically set out to kill, maim and destroy lives and communities both at home here on the UK mainland and in NI. To compare the two truly says far more about you as a person that it does about the topic of discussion. You're a disgrace to your birth nation and it's people. Stay in your adopted Spain my friend because I can assure you you're becoming less and less welcome back here.

What I am implying is that the IRA were not the only widowmakers in Ireland.

Very, very unpalatable. However, I will remember and recognize he contributed to the peace process in his way. I will also remember and recognize his overriding reasons for being a part of it, his freely admitted criminal terrorist history and the blood of the murdered innocents he has on his hands and the misery he caused to thousands.

He was and will always be remembered by all decent human beings as a murdering scumbag and anyone that wishes he should rest in peace should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and seriously wonder why their moral compass is so broken.

i was disappointed with this post.i read the first three words and looked forward to reading a rant at TUIB

Thank God for the sane people on this site. There really have been some disturbing comments by sympathisers don't you think?

Panorama on Tuesday was about the British intelligent operation in NI against the IRA. Worth having a look on catch up for those of you interested in the real reason the IRA called for a cease fire.

Not worth watching if you live in Spain and suffer from left-wing political myopia

Panorama on Tuesday was about the British intelligent operation in NI against the IRA. Worth having a look on catch up for those of you interested in the real reason the IRA called for a cease fire.

Not worth watching if you live in Spain and suffer from left-wing political myopia

Saw a clip on c4 news the other night about a forthcoming film on the Good Friday talks with Colm Meaney as MM and Paisley played byT.Spall.Looked good.

Edit.The Spy in the IRA? Just seen it on YOUTUBE.

Can't say it reflects well on either side involved in the conflict,especially not the Intelligence services.

Needless to say MM is only mentioned, fleetingly, once in the programme and was not involved in any of the issues raised by the Panarama team.

Last edited:
Back