• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin McGuinness Dies Aged 66

Without wanting to go slighlty off topic..

FYI, Tangled Up In Blue:

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists.

At the time of his trial, he publicly renounced the stopping of violence against the apartheid, but in he's later speeches and book's, he did & regretted it he;s earlier actions. Martin McGuinness never did this.

Furthermore, It's also worth noting, he's close political relation's and big financial donor's to the ANC at the time were with a certain Colonel Gaddafi.. !! & also Suharto of of Indonesia that ruled the country for 31 years.!!

& people forget Mandela was still on the USA's CIA "terrorist watch list" right up until 2008 (when oddly he was removed from the list after buying $5 billion in american military hardware, despite dying in 2009). odd that eh?

Just saying.....

Thanks but I've read all this on Wiki too.:winking:

Gerry Adam correctly descibed Martin McGuinness as "Not a terrorist but a freedom fighter".

He also pointed out that:-"Martin believed that the British government’s involvement in Ireland, and the partition of our island, are at the root of our divisions.

He was absolutely one hundred per cent right about that.

The British government has no right whatsoever to have any involvement in Ireland."

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/43969

A reminder of why no one could possibly vote for Labour whilst JC is their leader.

You like to read a bit of history.Ever heard of Oliver Cromwell? The Irish certainly have.

How about (a bit more recently) the Black and Tans?

Oliver Cromwell how relevant

The black and Tans were in Southern Ireland 100 years ago. So not recent and nothing to do with NI.

I don't need to read Irish History my mum is from NI and is a Catholic, she had 8 other brothers and sisters. I get to hear first hand from relatives and friends when I have visited.

None of them supported McGuinness, they know he made their lives a misery. They forgive Americans for their naïve funding but they despise people just like you. Someone who supported a gang of thugs and murderers who bullied their own people through fear. Whilst cowards like you made it sound somehow a righteous cause without ever setting foot in NI.

What game is it your going to ...Bury if you like I'll arrange a nice meet with some of my family, lots of them like Football, where you can explain yourself.

Oliver Cromwell how relevant

The black and Tans were in Southern Ireland 100 years ago. So not recent and nothing to do with NI.

I don't need to read Irish History my mum is from NI and is a Catholic, she had 8 other brothers and sisters. I get to hear first hand from relatives and friends when I have visited.

None of them supported McGuinness, they know he made their lives a misery. They forgive Americans for their naïve funding but they despise people just like you. Someone who supported a gang of thugs and murderers who bullied their own people through fear. Whilst cowards like you made it sound somehow a righteous cause without ever setting foot in NI.

What game is it your going to ...Bury if you like I'll arrange a nice meet with some of my family, lots of them like Football, where you can explain yourself.

If Oliver Cromwell isn't relevant to the history of Ireland ,then quite frankly I don't know what is.

I would have loved to have gone to Belfast when we went on a trip to Dublin a few years back but couldn't because my wife had family commitments back in France.

Thanks for the offer to meet up with some your family for the Bury game but it's going to be a pretty hectic weekend.(I'm going to the game with a Shrimper,now based in Norfolk.Then off for a meal on the seafront afterwards with my wife and his family.Just to show you I'm not a sterotype lefty, my friend's young adult son is a copper, who I'm looking forward to seeing again).

On the subject of Martin McGuiness,what is generally not so well known about him, is that he never lost his belief in a United Ireland.FWIW,nor have I.
Presumably your family don't agree with him about that either.

Gerry Adam correctly descibed Martin McGuinness as "Not a terrorist but a freedom fighter".

He also pointed out that:-"Martin believed that the British government’s involvement in Ireland, and the partition of our island, are at the root of our divisions.

He was absolutely one hundred per cent right about that.

The British government has no right whatsoever to have any involvement in Ireland."

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/43969

No, it isn't trolling is it. Mind you, it explains the lack of condemnation of Wednesdays events.

RIP Adrian eh!

If Oliver Cromwell isn't relevant to the history of Ireland ,then quite frankly I don't know what is.

I would have loved to have gone to Belfast when we went on a trip to Dublin a few years back but couldn't because my wife had family commitments back in France.

Thanks for the offer to meet up with some your family for the Bury game but it's going to be a pretty hectic weekend.(I'm going to the game with a Shrimper,now based in Norfolk.Then off for a meal on the seafront afterwards with my wife and his family.Just to show you I'm not a sterotype lefty, my friend's young adult son is a copper, who I'm looking forward to seeing again).

On the subject of Martin McGuiness,what is generally not so well known about him, is that he never lost his belief in a United Ireland.FWIW,nor have I.
none of my business, but your wife's a man?

on that note I would have read this thread earlier but I was out last night with friends. My wife didn't come as it was a work do. Actually wine tasting to be precise. I will add some links later to the wines we tried, I apologise in advance but i can only find a guardian article to link to on one of them but I'm sure everyone will be very interested all the same

Last edited:

That's areal shame. You could have visited some of the grieving families of people murdered by McGuinness and his chums and told them that if their mother had not cradled a dying British soldier in a foolish act of humanity, then McGuiness would never have had her murdered as a traitor.

Talking of Traitors that's exactly what you are.

Christ Rigsby, give it a rest with the hyperbole. He's got a different point of view to you, that's all. **** me, you drag every ****ing conversation down to the gutter with your endless baiting. Give it a ****ing rest.

That's areal shame. You could have visited some of the grieving families of people murdered by McGuinness and his chums and told them that if their mother had not cradled a dying British soldier in a foolish act of humanity, then McGuiness would never have had her murdered as a traitor.

Talking of Traitors that's exactly what you are.

Actually,I'd have been much more interested in visiting some of the landmarks I associate with Van Morrison (as my brother Rob Noxious did on his second honeymoon there,some years ago now).I would also liked to have visited some of the more obvious political landmarks too.

none of my business, but your wife's a man?

on that note I would have read this thread earlier but I was out last night with friends. My wife didn't come as it was a work do. Actually wine tasting to be precise. I will add some links later to the wines we tried, I apologise in advance but j can only find a guardian article to link to on one of them bu I'm sure everyone will be very interested all the same

Ha! Though some wiseguy might pick me up on that.:winking:

Out of interest. A guy I work with was telling me a story about a guy he used to work with, who used to be in the army, and served in N. Ireland.

Apparently this guy had MM in his sights and missed. Apparently he still regrets it.

Christ Rigsby, give it a rest with the hyperbole. He's got a different point of view to you, that's all. **** me, you drag every ****ing conversation down to the gutter with your endless baiting. Give it a ****ing rest.

Are does the truth about McGuinness upset you.

There's always films you've watched or what makes you happy. Otherwise we will have the standard insults form you first and when I reply you'll have a hissy little fit and announce who your going to ignore.

Are does the truth about McGuinness upset you.

There's always films you've watched or what makes you happy. Otherwise we will have the standard insults form you first and when I reply you'll have a hissy little fit and announce who your going to ignore.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't think Ghandi had anyone knee capped

Or had local shops and business pay out protection money or suffer the consequences. Makes my blood boil when people try to make saints out of murderers - not one of those heaping praise on this murderess evil b****** would ever look in the eye a relation of one his Thousands of victms and try to justify his actions - not one of you.
You're gutless and in most cases probably worthless.
Ban away mods.

Or had local shops and business pay out protection money or suffer the consequences. Makes my blood boil when people try to make saints out of murderers - not one of those heaping praise on this murderess evil b****** would ever look in the eye a relation of one his Thousands of victms and try to justify his actions - not one of you.
You're gutless and in most cases probably worthless.
Ban away mods.

Yes even poor little hairdressers working on their own had to pay 'for the cause'.

Take it from me who served in Londonderry from 90 - 92, the guy is scum who has blood on his hands for murdering civilians and security personnel.

I met him many times and was obviously given a lot of intelligence on him as part of my role. He's no peace maker for what he done, the police and troops were "and are" the only people that maintained peace.

I hope the last days of his life were extremely painful.

Back