• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If going in the home end, swat up on the Wimbledon players names, manager and so on.

Stewards always used to catch would be's in the past, with questions about the home team!

How often do you get questioned about this kind of thing at Roots Hall, out of interest?

Good point, that, but then again, we don't have a sold out situation in the away end very often and an opposition forum openly saying they are buying tickets in the home end.

Good point, that, but then again, we don't have a sold out situation in the away end very often and an opposition forum openly saying they are buying tickets in the home end.

Do you really think they would care? If asked you just say it's the first football match you've been to in your life so you don't know any of the players. Do you think there's some kind of law that you have to know the nickname of the home team's left back otherwise they won't let you into a League One fixture?

It's not a law, but it would fall under the rules & regulations regarding crowd segregation and safety within the stadium. Clubs obviously do make checks. Hence why '***' is offering to buy tickets, as he has a Surrey postcode. I couldn't openly buy a ticket for the home end with an SS1 postcode, for example.

Spot checks were something that used to happen a lot in the past, to avoid any issues between supporters. Trust me, it did. It was exactly how they used to stop the wrong people getting in the home end.

These days, though, it's less of an issue. Less policing of football. Automated ticket barriers and so on.

Safest ground in the league
poshest and best educated fans too
no trouble - unless totally stupid
i'm in the home end with the boy

my local club AFC a great friendly club - even cheered em on against franchise fc last week - they played well
Will be a tough game unless we play second half as we did v Walsall

wont be as easy as some previous visits
huge game
COYBB

Tsk, They should never have let Group 4 take over the security! :facepalm: :winking:

Back