• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Well they are certainly flexing their financial muscle! Konchesky and O'Hara signed and strong rumours Carlton Cole is next. Will certainly be having a bet on them next season

I was down there a few weeks ago - there's a real buzz about the place with lots of improvements going on. They played some very nice football too, winning 4-0.

On the face of it, it's great for them but I have a nagging doubt about the owner. He seems all ego and has already appointed himself manager. Hope they don't go the way of Hornchurch.

On the face of it, it's great for them but I have a nagging doubt about the owner. He seems all ego and has already appointed himself manager. Hope they don't go the way of Hornchurch.

And getting Mark Wright involved, the club will just be a 'TOWIE' circus. I wish them no success with that clown getting involved with them.

It could happen. I know when Gary Hill took over at Hornchurch he was concerned about the sustainability and only joined because they paid his full contract up front.

I give it 4 year's before the ground becomes a very plush housing estate.

Nah, only on paper. If he had that much actual dosh he sure as hell wouldn't have targeted Billericay!

Ive been told there player wages is up to 20,000 per week already:omg:going for winning the play offs this season already and I think they will do it.

Decent crowd of nearly three thousand at Dulwich Hamlet on the weekend for their game with Billericay I see.

When I heard Mark Wright being mentioned I initially thought they meant the ex-Liverpool player, not that ******** from Towie.

It's becoming a bit of a circus!

I remember some years ago when a local businessman pumped a whole heap of money into Stambridge Utd, and signed Alan Brazil, Garry Nelson etc they were thrashing all the teams in their division. All when t!tsup, and they lost all their players, and were subsequently thrashed in their games thereafter.

Any idea how much money is being pumped into Billericay? Someone told me they are paying Konchesky 10k a week? Surely not? And now O'Hara - madness

When I heard Mark Wright being mentioned I initially thought they meant the ex-Liverpool player, not that ******** from Towie.

It's becoming a bit of a circus!

I remember some years ago when a local businessman pumped a whole heap of money into Stambridge Utd, and signed Alan Brazil, Garry Nelson etc they were thrashing all the teams in their division. All when t!tsup, and they lost all their players, and were subsequently thrashed in their games thereafter.

Any idea how much money is being pumped into Billericay? Someone told me they are paying Konchesky 10k a week? Surely not? And now O'Hara - madness
i was told konchesky is on 2k a week same as O'hara:omg:

Decent crowd of nearly three thousand at Dulwich Hamlet on the weekend for their game with Billericay I see.

They have to face them again (at home) tonight. A win could move them up to 5th place.

I still don't tip them to be promoted though, looking at the other teams that have games in hand over them & fixtures. I think it might be a bridge to far for them this season. Am I correct in thinking only 2 clubs get promoted from this division?

Slightly off topic, but it's sad to see (for me anyway) the rise and complete collapse of Grays Athletic, considering they produced such great players as Michael Kightly, Aaron Mclean and of course the legend that slayed Man Utd, our very own Sir Freddy Eastwood.

It doesn't seem so long ago they were pushing for division 2 football and winning the FA Trophy 2 years on the trot.

Anyway, now rock bottom of this league, with no ground to call their own, and staring yet another relegation in the face in as many years. They cant score for toffee, and look almost certain to concede 100+ goals before the season is finished.

On another note, Needham Market certainly deserves a special mention, despite being currently in 4th place, & still in the hunt for a promotion push, they have a goal difference of "0", scoring a whopping 70 goals so far this season, yet obviously also conceding 70 also!! That would be an accumulator nightmare! :smile:

Back